• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha Beauty

Troy32

I just smoked a Gurkha Beauty. Great cigar. The cedar sleeve really helps it smoke nice and even and adds a great flavor. Not sure why more cigars do not have the cedar sleeve.

unsure.gif
Uh, Troy if you want to see 33, I suggest you remove the cedar sleeve. It's not for human consumption.

Ha. Was just going for a laugh. But seriously... I have a few cigars that I bought in samplers on Cbid that have the cedar sleeve and are missing are missing a half inch of wrapper. The first half inch of the cigar is filler with no outside wrapper. I am curious if this is a certain style and why it is done. One example is a El Mejor Emerald.

laugh.gif
I was waiting for the "no wonder it took soo long to finish"!

I've had that missing piece of wrapper on some cedar wrapped cigars, sometimes on higher end smokes. My opinion is lack of quality control, especially if the cigar was rolled on a friday afternoon at quitting time on a 3 day weekend.
sign.gif

You are buying shagfoot cigars, all cigars are rolled with tobacco hanging out of the foot. Most are cut to fit the wrapper AFTER rolling. Some are left long intentionally to give them that fresh-from-the-roller's-table look. Here is a good video example. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47sGBvivEXs

You are buying shagfoot cigars, all cigars are rolled with tobacco hanging out of the foot. Most are cut to fit the wrapper AFTER rolling. Some are left long intentionally to give them that fresh-from-the-roller's-table look. Here is a good video example. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=47sGBvivEXs

My bad, after reading this I realized what Troy was referring to. I was headed towards the subject of missing pieces of wrappers on cigars.

It definitely looks intentional. I guess it gives it that authentic look. Cool video. It is amazing how fast they roll a cigar. Thanks

Definitely a shagfoot. Those el mejor emeralds are crap. Smoke it when you're drunk so you don't remember how bad it was. Most of the freebies or random smokes thrown in samplers from cigars international (AKA cigar bid) are pretty bad IMHO. Could be just me though. Smoke what you like of course.

My only experience with the Beauty, gave me extreme tunneling issues. Glad you found it different.

Just started smoking cigars recently and bought a few samplers to see what types I likes. Have a few RP decades and Padron 1964's on order.

Dlow- Nice bike. I have an 04 myself. You do any track days?

Just started smoking cigars recently and bought a few samplers to see what types I likes. Have a few RP decades and Padron 1964's on order.

Dlow- Nice bike. I have an 04 myself. You do any track days?

Yeap. Going to Jennings Fla in Feb. Though I'm now going to go on my recently purchased track bike (a wera superstock prepped 2004 r6). I was worried about wrecking the R1. I have too much money in that bike to be tracking it all the time. Though I'll probably still ride it on the track from time to time.