• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha Black Diamond release dinner.

Kryo

Pyro first, smoke second
My local cigar shop had a event Wedesday to celibrate the latest cigar line from Gurkha. They were picked to be the distributor for the Black Diamond, a variation of the Regent series with 18 year aged tobacco as the filler.

The owner of the brand flew up to Milwaukee for the party from Miami. Talked to him for a good 20 mins. Very personable, has a passion for cigars and to have a quality product. Talked about living in Asia, Europe, and the pains of having two young children. :D

One interesting thing he said... those pre-embargo cuban cigars from the 50s.. ?? There are no more of em in storage anywhere. He personally has 12 boxes stashed away for the future. :thumbs:

Had some whiskey and scotch sampling.. (stuck to the whiskey... should have had some scotch. :sign: ) was hoping for some Congac but none was available.

Overall a good social evening with a great bunch of local store patrons. :)

As for the cigars themselves... everyone attending was gifted 2, a churchill/toro and a robusto. They use a H2000 wrapper that has a very silky feel to it. A good medium smoke with subtle changes the length of the cigar.

Was going to send out bombs to coordinate with the Wednsday party so others could try the cigar but that got put on hold. Watch your mailboxes... ;)

nice.. these are really well made cigars... can't wait to taste one that isn't infected with the Kryo virus :)

crap! they have a super-sweet event in my hometown while I am still in MN for college! :angry:
they should have waited another month :D

sounds like you had a sweet time. will have to add these to my list of cigars to try this summer
:thumbs:

They did it at Tobacco Grove a month ago too Sir-Smokes.

I was not able to attend ???

Being the current Gurkha whore I'm going to have to try one or two before I spring for a box. The only bad thing about having just one supplier is that there isn't any price competition. I'm pretty good a finding the deal but with only one place to go...... ???

Kryo said:
the owner of the brand flew up to Milwaukee for the party from Miami. Talked to him for a good 20 mins. Very personable, has a passion for cigars and to have a quality product. Talked about living in Asia, Europe, and the pains of having two young children. :D
Dang, I missed this. Where was it?

Lake Country Cigar of Delafield, WI

The party was held at the Golden Mast.

As for the cigars themselves, the owners of LCC setup a seperate business entity called Angel Fire Enterprises Inc to be the official distributor. Other stores can buy from them at wholesale and sell for whatever they wish. What these prices are is beyond my knowledge.

Sounds like a great time and Gurkha's are a great cigar!

Watch your mailboxes...
OH YEAH BABY!!!!!

Thanks kryo for the great sticks :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I'm going to fire this Ghurka up real soon ;) :D

I'm hit, I'm hit! :D Thanks for the great bomb Kryo :thumbs: I love the bands on the Gurkhas. Pretty elaborate.

Very elaborate bands... problem is they are bound to the cedar wrap so you have to take off the whole lot to light it! :D

****, I didn't know you had to take off the cedar first. I thought the cedar was there to impart cedar flavor.

Mine smoked GREAT with the cedar on, who sez you gotta remove the cedar ???

Yikes.. a little slow to respond here... but WOW what a bomb.. thanks man

ads

I was hit by the Kryo bomb too -- these are incredibly well made sticks -- can't wait to give one a shot. :)

AVB you rat bastard!!!
letitallout.gif

Strike a helpless target back so quick... :p

--- Thnx for the smokes bro.. ;) ---

You know what M.A.D. is don't ya? :0 :0