• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha Crest

BSchmidt1981

So I happened upon what I consider to be a pretty descent deal on a fiver of the Gurkha Crests. I did search the site and was unable to find any reviews of this stick. Anyone ever tried one before? If so what was you experience?

I think because no one has wanted to do a review on them, but you can be the first!

I thought they were run of the mill (read cheaper) but evidently CI has them for $133 for 5 :0 . Think I'll stick with my GOF's or Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversarios.

I think because no one has wanted to do a review on them, but you can be the first!

I thought they were run of the mill (read cheaper) but evidently CI has them for $133 for 5 :0 . Think I'll stick with my GOF's or Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversarios.
Ouch. I thought they were cheaper than that, too. If they're anywhere in that neighborhood, I'd say pass on the fiver, buy a box of EP Carillos or Padrons, and pocket the change. But that's just me. I am disillusioned with Gurkha. I used to smoke a bunch of them...but to my tastes, you can get much better bang for your buck elsewhere.

You exactly correct about them being $133 for 5 on CI however they have a deal that takes about 90% off under a certain circumstance. Since I'm new to the site I don't want to break any etiquette by posting the link without knowing its ok.

I have to agree with Gavin and the others on this one, I used to smoke a lot of Gurkha's but now I would rather spend my hard earned on something better, especially at that price. You could get abox of Padron 2000 or half box of Tat 7th or Noellas for less than that and you would be getting a better smoke.

Gurkha are still overpriced at 90% off...

true,true. :p

It seems to be a popular sentiment that Gurkha are popular amongst newbs and then you find better, more affordable smokes the longer you indulge. I also fall into this category. I dont think they are horrible, rather unremarkable. I also agree with the suggestion to get the Padrons for less and spend the money on something else.

Gurkha are still overpriced at 90% off...

true,true. :p

It seems to be a popular sentiment that Gurkha are popular amongst newbs and then you find better, more affordable smokes the longer you indulge. I also fall into this category. I dont think they are horrible, rather unremarkable. I also agree with the suggestion to get the Padrons for less and spend the money on something else.

Very good point Mark. My only thought was that from this site I could get a couple of 5 packs for cheap. A 5 pack of the Gurkha Crest which is normally (so this site says) $133.70 for $10.01. Also a 5 pack of Gurkha Beauty which is normally (again so the site says) $154 for $10.01. I figured it was worth a shot. And you know what if they aren't to my liking I will have a good stash for my friends that don't smoke that often when we bbq and I would be out more than I would lose in the first hand of poker anyway. Then they can say I was handing out $30 cigars like they were candy.

Gurkha MSRP has always been grossly inflated. $2 each is about right, if you want to try them.

I used to love smoking Gurkha's Park Avenue cigars because of the cheap pricing, but as all things cigar, my flavor profile changed and they didn't taste as good anymore. Even those Beauty, Beast,and Titan Gurkha's were smokes I had in the humi.

As mentioned earlier, being exposed to CP has helped me change my view of what is box and age worthy.

Corona ran a double fiver on these the other day- 5 of these in a Churchill and 5 Cohiba Red Dot Churchils for $5 a stick. You're right, couldn't find any reviews on the Gurkhas. Went ahead and bit. They're in the box right now. We'll see how they go

I smoked a few Ghurkas in my time, and I still do from time to time when offered one. I have to admit though, I've never had a stellar Ghurka, pretty much all have been run of the mill. Nothing great, but certainly smokeable, and when in good company, it's not bad at all. While my experience with this label is limited, the only One I've had an detested was the Black Dragon. That was a truly horrendous cigar.

When I went on a little internet shopping spree after joining this site back in the spring, I got one as a freebee. It was unremarkable. Not bad, not good, just meh.

I like giving Ghurkas to other people and they think I just gave them the shit. They like them, and they don't usually smoke the entire thing anyways, so nothing really lost. I do like the Evil though. That is a pretty good cigar for the course.

I smoked a few Ghurkas in my time, and I still do from time to time when offered one. I have to admit though, I've never had a stellar Ghurka, pretty much all have been run of the mill. Nothing great, but certainly smokeable, and when in good company, it's not bad at all. While my experience with this label is limited, the only One I've had an detested was the Black Dragon. That was a truly horrendous cigar.

I still have nightmares from that one! :)

The 3-Fivers that I purchased shortly after my original post about this are still sitting in the bottom of my humi. :thumbs:

Almost all Gurkhas taste the same to me, boring, as i've tried most apart from the $700+ one, lol.