• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha Expedition Toro

inflatus

GURPS
Reaction score
Gurkha Expedition Toro > 6 X 50 > Filler: Dominican > Wrapper: Connecticut > $Pass. (Equal Take Equal Put).

I smoked this on the way to my brother's graduation barbecue. It lit very well and burned evenly the whole way down. The ash stayed on the cigar about one third of the way then fell. I never had to re-light the cigar.

The taste is somewhat mild during the first two thirds. It then gets a little stronger, towards the end. This could have been a product of the heat, but I did not seem to feel the heat.

The cigar was overall a good mild smoke. I liked the fact that it took about an hour to finish. I was able to not rush the experience.

I would purchase this and even give them out to fellow BOTL's.

Not one of my favorite Gurkhas but they aren't too bad in general. Different tastes for different folks I guess.

i love gurkha's. had never heard of this one so i figured id consult the devil :0

and what to my surprise he had another gurkha ive never had, the boer, :) cameroon wrapper :) is my favorite. might be making my first deal with the devil soon ???

I'll add another you probably haven't had. The K. Hansotia X3.

I just last night smoked the Gurkha Expedition Toro and found it to be one of the best cigars I have yet smoked. From the first puff this cigar was smooth and tasty. None of the nose burn you get with some cigars. And as Inflatus said in his review, it does get stronger and more full bodied about halfway through. I can't really describe the flavors only to say that they changed constantly throughout the cigar. The first third was my favorite. I picked up a 5-pack on CBID for 11.00 bucks as compared to 20.00 at CI. Can't wait for the next one.

I think most of the various gurkah's one sees at cbid or CI are cheapie yard gars....but thats me.
The only gurkah's I consider "true quality gurkah's" are the Legend,Regent,and Master Select's....but thats me.

The worst has got to be,by far,the Gurkah Vintage and the Boer.

Thanks for the review. :)