• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha Grand Reserve Louis XIII Churchill

überZigarre

Two nights ago, I smoked the (in)famous wax-sealed Gurkha Churchill. I spent about two hours on it, and was extremely impressed with the quality of the smoke and the cigar.

As I pulled it out of the crystal tube, the aroma of the cognac infusion was as intoxicating as the scent of a woman. I probably sat running the stick under my nostrils for fifteen minutes before finally cutting it and lighting it. For a brief moment, I flashed back to the days when I used to enjoy the Drew Estate's Kuba Kuba for its lovely spice infusion, and wondered if this was going to be the same. I hoped not, as I have put quite a distance between myself and such smokes.

The Gurkha would not let me down. It was one of the sweetest smelling and tasting cigars I have had in the past six months. But that was just the beginning. As I progressed down the length of the cigar, the taste increased in fullness and intensity, yet never wavered from being as smooth as any smoke I've enjoyed. By the end, I was tasting leather, cedar, and nut. It never soured, and I enjoyed the taste lingering on my tongue even after I finished. I was thoroughly impressed and would love to grab a few more for passing on.

As I'm not used to such a sweet cigar, I give this cigar a strong 9.

üZ.

Was this the Platinum or Bronze wax ones? Or did you really get fancy with the purple wax ones?

AVB said:
Was this the Platinum or Bronze wax ones? Or did you really get fancy with the purple wax ones?
[snapback]179745[/snapback]​

What is the difference between the platinum and Bronze wax?

jokes aside :D
I have't tried one yet
I seem to like most Gurkhas so I
will now have to put these on my must taste list :thumbs:

Bill

When i first tried one of these, i was hooked. Then my local cigar shop told me he wasn't getting anymore. So, i bought up every platinum and bronze i could find. I stopped at about 20 of them. So i didn't smoke one for about 6 months, and wouldn't you know it, my tast changed. i didn't enjoy them anymore.

So hookup with WAM and do a fiver with him.

Land Rover said:
When i first tried one of these, i was hooked. Then my local cigar shop told me he wasn't getting anymore. So, i bought up every platinum and bronze i could find. I stopped at about 20 of them. So i didn't smoke one for about 6 months, and wouldn't you know it, my tast changed. i didn't enjoy them anymore.
[snapback]180057[/snapback]​

I gifted all of mine away over the past 3 months as bonus sticks in trades on another board.

AVB said:
So hookup with WAM and do a fiver with him.

Land Rover said:
When i first tried one of these, i was hooked.  Then my local cigar shop told me he wasn't getting anymore.  So, i bought up every platinum and bronze i could find.  I stopped at about 20 of them.  So i didn't smoke one for about 6 months, and wouldn't you know it, my tast changed.  i didn't enjoy them anymore.
[snapback]180057[/snapback]​
[snapback]180059[/snapback]​

Mine was the bronze wax. I don't think my taste preferences will include it as a regular smoke, but I will have to mix it with a drink next time and see what it's like.

üZ.

überZigarre said:
Mine was the bronze wax. I don't think my taste preferences will include it as a regular smoke, but I will have to mix it with a drink next time and see what it's like.

üZ.
[snapback]180127[/snapback]​

ummmm doesn't every cigar go better with a drink???????? :whistling:

I've been curious about these. I have heard everything from "it's not worth your money, it sucks" to "its great" Never smoked any, but i might have to try to find a few

I've had a platinum and found it very different and quite enjoyable. Nothing I need to do regularly, but I liked it all the same.

tjm5019 said:
I've been curious about these. I have heard everything from "it's not worth your money, it sucks" to "its great" Never smoked any, but i might have to try to find a few
[snapback]287596[/snapback]​
Try Cbid, they have threes up for sale all of the time. This is the stick that I usually gift out to new cigar smokers. They are a change of pace and as most Gurkhas, well constructed.

Gregor

gregor22 said:
tjm5019 said:
I've been curious about these.  I have heard everything from "it's not worth your money, it sucks" to "its great" Never smoked any, but i might have to try to find a few
Try Cbid, they have threes up for sale all of the time. This is the stick that I usually gift out to new cigar smokers. They are a change of pace and as most Gurkhas, well constructed.

Gregor
[snapback]287610[/snapback]​

Yes, i know cbid has great deals, but i'm 20 and you have to be 21 to buy stuff on there!!!! There have been a TOn of great deals on cbid but i can't bid on them! :(

tjm5019 said:
gregor22 said:
tjm5019 said:
I've been curious about these.  I have heard everything from "it's not worth your money, it sucks" to "its great" Never smoked any, but i might have to try to find a few

Gregor

Yes, i know cbid has great deals, but i'm 20 and you have to be 21 to buy stuff on there!!!! There have been a TOn of great deals on cbid but i can't bid on them! :(
[snapback]287643[/snapback]​

Not that I would ever advocate underage smoking, but I don't think CBid checks ID's. As long as you have a valid credit card, or access to one, you're probably good to go.

tjm5019 said:
gregor22 said:
tjm5019 said:

Gregor

[snapback]287643[/snapback]​

If you want some of the Gran Reserve, just let me know. My local shop has a bunch of them. Like $12 or $13 a piece I think. I'd be happy to pick up a couple for you.

E