• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha " Limited Release" Black Puro

LedZep

Hi Guys, ( and Gals, if you are reading )

1- I arrived home from the usual stressful day at work. ( Wife was not around to bother me either ) :D
2- Grabbed myself a room temperature Flavored water
( I have been drinking the same water with every new cigar I try, I figured I don't want to have the influence of a strong beverage with a new smoke. I think this allows me to taste the cigar with impartiality. I have found that some cigars can really compliment or conflict with some beverages , Like coffee.. )
3- Grabbed a new cigar that came in one of the new sampler packs I have been ordering.
( The smoke listed in the topic header)

4- This cigar smelled great right out of the cellophane.
A dark, somewhat oily wrap. Very few veins and nice constructed.
It lit and burned very evenly all the way to the nub.
Very easy draw, with no heat. ( I usually cap cut cigars of decent gauge.. I do like to try different cuts depending in the size and shape of the cigar)
The first 3rd of the cigar was very flavorful, not overpowering, not too spicy, and the smoke was thick and smelled very good as well.
The second third was when the delicious taste just kept getting better. The cigar softened a bit and continued to burn nice with a well organized grey and black ash that I tapped off.
( I read that you should tap the ash at about this point, if it hasnt fallen off, so you don't have ash effecting the draw.? Remeber I am a newbie.. ) :whistling:

The finish remained super tasty, moist and had some spice to it, I kept smoking it until the heat on my fingers was enough to put it down.

I will surely enter this one in my cigar log as a top notch smoke and something to keep an eye out for in the shops.

I will try to be a little fancier with my future posts and include some personal pictures of my man cave in progress and the actual cigar at the start / the 3rds and the finish.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I hope it was decent for a newbie review.

Led

gallery_10867_1257_21255.jpg

Nice review. Thanks for sharing. Not familiarwith this Gurkha, but then again there are so many of them. I've enjoyed a few Gurkha's in my time. Looking at lighting up a maduro Stratus tonight.

I see you are a Floyd fan... OUTSTANDING sir..

" Oh, By the way... Which ones Pink? "

Nice review.... I really like gurkha. Looking to order a box of the Dragon Fury here shortly. mmmmmmmmm

I haven't tried any Ghurka. I've read that they are overrated. I suppose I should pick some up and decide for myself...

Appears that Gurka's are a love it or hate it cigar across the brand's offering - I am on the hate it side with one exception - the Rare Breed.

Personally I find them to be one dimensional and acrid for the most part. For the price point I stay away from them although deals can be found on closeouts sometimes.

Great review however these usually are not my cup of tea.

I like Gurkhas. Thus far I've tried the Black Puro, Fuerte, Grand Age, Nepalese Warrior, Legend, Triple Ligero, Titan, and Beast. Although I like the Triple Ligero, Titan, and Fuerte quite a bit and keep several on hand - my favorite by far is the Legend Anniversario Perfecto.

Nice review bud. So is this one of the 4143423423 different blends Gurkha has? JK