• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gurkha Question

I enjoy the Legend series, but the Doble Maduro is the only Gurkha that I purchase and smoke on a regular basis. I usually keep these on hand at all times - and usually purchased from C-Bid.

If you like CAO Brazilia or Torano Signature, you'll probably enjoy the Doble Maduro.

Gurkha imo is the best yard gar you can get, at 2$-3$ a pop they taste better then most bundled cigars. The new shaggy’s are really tasty.

I have yet to find a gurkha that impressed me enough to buy another single let alone a box. You can find much better cigars for better prices on cbid and other places imho.

If you're finding those shaggys at $3 a pop you gotta tell me where!

Gurkha imo is the best yard gar you can get, at 2$-3$ a pop they taste better then most bundled cigars. The new shaggy's are really tasty.

pm sent, for clarification when i said 2-3 a pop I was referring to most of the gurkha line, not the shaggys at that price.

Gurkha imo is the best yard gar you can get, at 2$-3$ a pop they taste better then most bundled cigars. The new shaggy's are really tasty.

I put them in the same boat as a CAO or Rocky Patel. I smoke them now and then, but none make my go-to smoke.
Points to the brazilia though heh.

Hmm, I loved the RP Connecticut and CAO Gold that I have tried...

Those are good. So is the RP Vintage 1990. I still believe these brands ar not the "Cats Meow" though and was mostly replying to your - "I thought they were much more respected and highly thought of". Gurkha is respected by some. I respect them more then CAO as a company though. I regard them higher than CAO when I think about too. Compare them to other mainstream brands and I don't know that I would feel the same. :D

pm sent, for clarification when i said 2-3 a pop I was referring to most of the gurkha line, not the shaggys at that price.

Thank god because I paid 35 for my shaggy and it didn't even come with a band. :whistling:

I smoke a Gurkha every now and then. I don't care for the Regent, but do like the Centaurian XX, Legend, and Expedition series. For $3-4 a pop, I think they're decent, not very consistent, but worth the price for which they can be had on CBid. I have been smoking mostly Opus lately, but maybe I'll dig to the bottom of the humi and pull out a Gurkha tomorrow...

Gurkha imo is the best yard gar you can get, at 2$-3$ a pop they taste better then most bundled cigars. The new shaggy’s are really tasty.

I have to agree, and thanks again for the awesome sampler pack of Ghurkhas!

In my experience they taste OK, flavor is usually light, good morning sticks for the most part. There are better and more full-flavored sticks out there for much less money. Packaging is top-notch though, so a good "show" cigar, if thats what you want. I would never pay MSRP.

I did just smoke one last week that I absolutely loved, the G-3, gifted to me from Mrepp. Most tasty Gurkha i've had, and one I would consider a box of, if I could find it cheap. Comparable to most $5-$8 nicuraguans i've tried. I've also liked the Genghis Khan robustos when rested, and they have a taste that suggests they will age nicely. The churchills I don't like as much, I think the box paint may have thrown their taste off.

I like the Master Select in both the Presidente and the Churchill size. I haven't tried the other sizes, they might be just as good. I've got a review on here somewhere for one of those sizes. I found them to be very creamy, nutty and of medium-mild strength. Problem in MN is that even these sticks are at least $10 a pop. If you're ever around 35W and HWY 10, there is a cigar bar in Mounds View called Robert's. The owner has a lot of Gurkhas in his humidor and also claims that his box of Master Select Churchills are three years old. I smoked one and thought it was excellent. It's a great place to smoke a cigar and will continue to be for the next 4 mos. Then the ban kicks in and I don't know what he's going to do.

I've also had the Shaggy, which I thought was real good as well. BUT, a guy also tried one over the weekend and said his tasted stale. We bought them from the same box, so that is strange. I think it's a case of different palates.

I smoked another one, a maduro, that I thought was a complete dog rocket. Especially for the price. Anyway, long story long, IMO it's a brand worth trying. They do have way, way too many f'n lines though.

ts

Also have smoked the Royal Brigade (thanks satchmo) and the x fuerte recently. Both had a little kick to them, must be that toastedness I read about, or maybe it's the peppery or black locorice, how the hell people can tell is beyond me. Either way, both had a little kick, both had pretty good flavor, both had great construction and a great ash but I would say the royal brigades was better for both. The royal brigade got a little spicier at the end whereas the x fuerte stayed more consistant.