• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H & H - Pedro Estevez Collection - Fantastically made

emartin

Banned
OrderBanner.gif

Pedro Estevez Collection

Big Pyramid 50 Churchill Cigars - Medium Bodied - 7 x 48 - Wrapprer Habano.
1248.jpg

2 Bundle/25: $58.50

Chariman Cigar - Bundle of 25 - 6 1/2 x 58 - Medium Bodied - Wrapper Habano.
1249.jpg

Bundle/25: $34.99

Salomon Cigar - Medium Bodied - Fantastically made - Wrapper Habano.
1250.jpg

Bundle/25: $39.99

Torpedo Cigar - 6 1/8 x 52 - Medium Bodied - Wrapper Connecticut
1251.jpg

Bundle/25: $31.99

Torpedo Serpentine Cigar - Medium Bodied - 6 1/8 x 52
1252.jpg

Churchill Cigars - Medium Bodied - 7 x 48 - Wrapper Connecticut.
1255.jpg

Chariman Cigar - Bundle of 25 - 6 1/2 x 58 - Medium Bodied - Wrapper Connecticut.
1256.jpg

Bundle/25: $34.99

Toro Cigar - Medium Bodied - 6 x 52 - Wrapper Habano.
1257.jpg

Bundle/25: $30.99

Yes, I too would like to any experiences with either those cigars and/or the retailer.

TIA,

Dan

Pictures make them look good, but the proof is in the smoking.

At this low of a price I am skeptical as to their quality.

Is it possible to get a sampler to try and review here on CP?

We added two samples (maduro and connecticut, free shipping)

Sorry about the company introduction....

I took this small paragraph from Gary's Cigars Blog in about.com: http://cigars.about.com/b/2008/05/18/cigar-websites-2.htm

"The website of Habanos & Hermanos offers a collection of premium and classic cigars with the well known names as well as local bundles made with almost similar quality using the Cuban experience, but with lower prices."

These cigars are fantastically made. They come in bundles, without a fantastic presentation (that’s why they have a very good price). If you look at the button of the bundle you will see the name of the roller. The company has an extremely quality control. They are part of the local flavors here in Miami.

Thanks for the quick reply and response emartin. I just placed an order for both the maduro and the Connecticut sampler. The free shipping is very generous of you.

Dan

Pictures make them look good, but the proof is in the smoking.

At this low of a price I am skeptical as to their quality.

Is it possible to get a sampler to try and review here on CP?
I agree with you. Well, usually, what you pay is what you get. However, you never know, give them the benefit of the doubt.

For $2 a stick that is a free sampler IMO. :D

Brian

Just smoked a Chairman/Habano wrapper tonight after my samples arrived this afternoon. Beautiful wrapper/construction. He was not exaggerating! After carefully clipping just the wrapper part of the cap(I do not cut the bunch.) off, I lit it up. The wrapper is a tad too thick for me but this cigar had a great draw but was rolled a little loose. No loose particles of tobacco at the head like the Perdomo Lot 23 I smoked this morning...

Now, I was smoking it outside in 100 degree heat with a slight breeze(just more hot air) and it was ROTT so not the best of smoking conditions but this cigar was better than it's price indicates; way better. Lots of smoke though the ash would not hold for longer than an inch. It was spicy in flavor and, believe it or not, very close to the Oliva Series Vs I've been smoking lately in it's flavor profile. I nubbed it down to 3/4's of an inch.

I'm going to smoke one of the Connecticut Wrappers tomorrow after breakfast and, I have a strong feeling that I will be ordering some bundles of these cigars.

Dan

Hey neighbor! Well that is encouraging. I'll have to get some of these and give them a whirl!

Back at ya neighbor!

Just finished the Chairman Connecticut. It was a little light in the draw but burned true with a weak ash though the first 2 inches held on until I tapped it off. Not as flavorful as the Habano but it burned better as the Habano had a tunnel or two. These sticks are fantastic in appearance but a little light in their rolling but a very worthy/honest smoke and the price is right.

I enjoyed a Chariman, Habano a couple days ago and ordered them and some others. I am finding the Habano wrapper sticks to be right up my alley, a terrific smoke at the price. With a little age I suspect they will be outstanding so I am putting a few bundles away in hopes of really outstanding bargain smokes in a year or so.

I'll have another review with pictures before too long!

Well, after putting my bundle of figurados in an empty box, I have to say these are not as "attractive" as the sample sticks were :blush: The samples were gorgeous... The wrappers on the bundle sticks were all over the place in appearance with one stick having a black spot on it as big as a quarter which I've never seen before. There was no consistency in wrapper coloration. The lengths were different too. Most of the sticks fit into the box but several were up to a 1/4" longer so I had to clip them to get them to fit in the Oliva Series V figurado box.

I smoked one ROTT and again the wrapper was too thick to my liking, causing burn problems. The taste was 'off' but I'll let them rest in my wine cooler and hope for the best.

Dan

The Olivia V Figurados is not a Salomon, is a 6 x 60 and the Salomon is 1 1/2 inch longer (7/12 x 60). This could be the reason they don't fit in your empty box.