• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H. Upmann Banker's Series

Gavin

When I saw the presentation of the recently released H. Upmann Banker's Series, including the humidor-quality box they came in, I decided to gamble on them, and picked up a box of the Sublimes, 5"x50. When they arrived, they definitely did not disappoint.

gallery_10952_1276_16008.jpg
gallery_10952_1276_23451.jpg

gallery_10952_1276_45008.jpg
gallery_10952_1276_7499.jpg

After letting them sit for about two weeks, I decided to finally try one, so I headed out to the back porch with one of the tubos in hand. Releasing it from its aluminum prison and sliding it from its cedar wrapper, I was still blown away by the look of the cigar itself, with its solid construction, Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper, and simple but elegant band. It was lightly veined, and smelled terrific. After I clipped the head, I took a test pull which seemed a little tight, but upon lighting I found the draw to be excellent, delivering loads of velvety smoke. There was an initial peppery blast that only subsided somewhat as the cigar settled in.
gallery_10952_1276_3736.jpg

gallery_10952_1276_44428.jpg

gallery_10952_1276_82712.jpg

After about two inches, the mottled dark ash fell off with a thunk into my lap, where it was still so tight and cohesive, that I was able to pick the ash up with two fingers and place it in my ashtray. At about this point the pepper had subsided and had given way to a creamy tobacco flavor. I kept finding myself thinking, 'This is the best part of the cigar,' but then it would get a little better still. The Nicaraguan and Dominican filler made for a medium-bodied and smooth smoke.

gallery_10952_1276_199358.jpg

gallery_10952_1276_286178.jpg

I smoked this one to the nub, and it stayed cool-burning until the very end. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Nice review and pictures. Banker's Series huh? I may have to look into that one! :laugh:

When I saw the presentation of the recently released H. Upmann Banker's Series, including the humidor-quality box they came in, I decided to gamble on them, and picked up a box of the Sublimes, 5"x50. When they arrived, they definitely did not disappoint.

gallery_10952_1276_16008.jpg
gallery_10952_1276_23451.jpg

gallery_10952_1276_45008.jpg
gallery_10952_1276_7499.jpg

After letting them sit for about two weeks, I decided to finally try one, so I headed out to the back porch with one of the tubos in hand. Releasing it from its aluminum prison and sliding it from its cedar wrapper, I was still blown away by the look of the cigar itself, with its solid construction, Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper, and simple but elegant band. It was lightly veined, and smelled terrific. After I clipped the head, I took a test pull which seemed a little tight, but upon lighting I found the draw to be excellent, delivering loads of velvety smoke. There was an initial peppery blast that only subsided somewhat as the cigar settled in.
gallery_10952_1276_3736.jpg

gallery_10952_1276_44428.jpg

gallery_10952_1276_82712.jpg

After about two inches, the mottled dark ash fell off with a thunk into my lap, where it was still so tight and cohesive, that I was able to pick the ash up with two fingers and place it in my ashtray. At about this point the pepper had subsided and had given way to a creamy tobacco flavor. I kept finding myself thinking, 'This is the best part of the cigar,' but then it would get a little better still. The Nicaraguan and Dominican filler made for a medium-bodied and smooth smoke.

gallery_10952_1276_199358.jpg

gallery_10952_1276_286178.jpg

I smoked this one to the nub, and it stayed cool-burning until the very end. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Well-written review Gavin! The smoke? Hmmm...my experience was a bit different! :p

Nice review! I may have to seek out a couple of these! Very cool packaging they come in too..

Received my box of these this week... Ngetal Sotl1977 and myself cracked a couple of Tubo's. I must admit the packaging and presentation blew me away... the humi how it is tubed and the presentation are all great factors,
The cigar was a solid medium throughout.. and I enjoyed the full smoke. Very enjoyable would go well with an Expresso.

Often times fancing packaging is used to compensate for subpar cigars....though I have to admit the packaging on these tubos is nice...very nice.