• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H Upmann Mag 48

DirtyDave

Newbie Dirtball
Just saw that these are coming available and wanted to see if anyone had tried them. I hope they're good, they sound interesting.

mag48elopenboxresized.jpg

we were very fortunate to enjoy some of these right from the source.

they are tasty, but they need some time to settle.

no sign yet as to wether or not these are going to have a classic h. upmann magnum taste. so far, i would say, no. the few i burned were more likely to be compared to other EL and not other magnums.

cheers
drew p

Thanks Drew! It's funny because most reviews of the Mag 46 that I've read say it is a great cigar. The reviews of the Mag 50 were lack luster. I was wondering if this would fall somewhere in between. That's interesting that it has a different flavor profile from the other Magnums. Thanks again for the info.

I have been really loving the early 08 Upmann Connie 1's as they are tremendously rich and flavorful. IMO they are Mag 50's on steroids with a dark chocolate core. I'm very curious as to how those familar with all three mag 48, connie 1, and mag 50's perceive the blend differences to be.

I'vre got to get my mitts on some of those babies!! I LOVE the Mag 46's... Oh man, even MORE money! :(

Thanks Drew! It's funny because most reviews of the Mag 46 that I've read say it is a great cigar. The reviews of the Mag 50 were lack luster. I was wondering if this would fall somewhere in between. That's interesting that it has a different flavor profile from the other Magnums. Thanks again for the info.

DD-

the mag 46 is great cigar, right in the sweet spot for h. upmann fans. i personally have not had a mag 50 that i loved. i keep trying and they just dont do it for me. mind you, not a bad cigar, just not nearly as good as the mag 46.

i dont think any amount of time is going to help the mag 48 slot into the typical magnum profile. they are too concentrated due to the ring guage.

cheers
drew p

So many to try, and not enough money to get them all... :( Thanks again for the info, I hope to try the 46's and 48's sometime soon. I wish I had endless income!

I have tried both the Mag 46's and the Mag 50's. The Mag 50's really improve with age and there have been a few that were very impressive right out of the box. The Mag 46 I had was not aged and it was goooooood.

I have heard that the Mag 48's are a cross between the two. If so, you cannot lose. Upmann is really improving and finally making some noteworthy cigars again....imao.

I keep hoping we'll find something that taste likes the Upmann Robusto blend that was unbelievable. But, truth of the matter is that at the price of these things it's not a huge stretch to buy a box and see if you like it. I'm placing an order today.

Same goes for those new Trinidad Robustos. I can't wait to figure out if those little puppies are all they've been purported to be.

I would be willing to split a box of MAG 48's or so?
biggrin.gif

I have got my eye on the Bolivar Petit Belicoso & the Cohiba Gran Reserva Siglo VI a couple of my favorite things. LOL
Drew any word on when the Cohibas will be available?

The bulk of the Upmann line seems to have gained a lot of momentum in the last two years. The quality of the cigars; SW's, Connie's, 46's, 50's, #2's, the band redesigns and the double-banding has me thinking HSA cares about this Marque. I would like to think that these 48s are part of HSAs 'investement'.

I have got my eye on the Bolivar Petit Belicoso & the Cohiba Gran Reserva Siglo VI a couple of my favorite things. LOL
Drew any word on when the Cohibas will be available?

we expect to have the cohiba gran reserva in limited supply sometime around the 2nd week of september.

cheers
drew p

I've heard they are good smokes, but just too short. Most people are saying that the length should have came in between the 46 and 50, not shorter than the 46. However, the trend has been to the short fat side of late.

Since I'm still waiting for my Mag 50 ELs to turn into something decent, I think I'll pass.

I'm not splitting these because I don't have a source. Oh well!