• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H Upmann Sir Winston Varnished

miamipadronsmoker

Enjoying life
Can anyone tell me if these are real? The seal and box code are on the cardboard instead of on the varnished box itself. I searched but only found one post saying it had been discussed but I couldn't find the first post.

HAUL010.jpg

HAUL011.jpg

HAUL013.jpg

HAUL014.jpg

HAUL015.jpg

HAUL017.jpg

HAUL018.jpg

On CW I found "Typically varnished boxes that come with a carboard outer box have the warranty seal and code on the cardboard. It can also be on the actual box itself as well".

Looks just like mine, except my box only has five cigars left in it :(

Do you trust your vendor? You didn't buy them from a guy in Miami did you?

I purchased them from a vendor who is reputable. I just never saw this presentation before given it's the first Sir Winstons I have purchased.I'm glad you have the same presentation. The smokes are beautiful and now there are 24 left.

look like mine from 03.... just half a box left

Looks the same as mine too. Except....I don't even have five left. :D Those things were gone a looong time ago. What's the box code on those?

Look completely legit based on photos and since you trust your vendor, no worries. I might add, the '03s are smoking exceptionally good :thumbs:

Always important to trust your vendor, there are too many variations of legitimate packaging, and unless you've seen them all, you've just got to trust your source. Everything looks legit here though.

It even looks very similar to my box from the '70's. I have 21 left in my box. Smoked one a few nights ago and it was very good. Tasted of cedar, wood, leather and exotic spice! :D

It even looks very similar to my box from the '70's. I have 21 left in my box. Smoked one a few nights ago and it was very good. Tasted of cedar, wood, leather and exotic spice! :D

Except your box should be green, right?

It looks like a friend of my father have.
He has lots of boxes of cigars and he is smoking cigars for ages.
After looking at your pics I asked him if he have this type of cigar box,
he said yes so I went to check it out and its exactly like yours.
The only problem was that he only had 1 left and he completely forgot he
had them so he decided to smoke it right away while I stay and look at him enjoying
what wood seem the best cigar he ever had. :(
Lucky bastard :p

Except your box should be green, right?

I had forgot about the green box thing. My box is more like a dark brown. I think that the green turns brown after so many years. I am pretty sure I read something of the sort at the time I was purchasing the box.

I had forgot about the green box thing. My box is more like a dark brown. I think that the green turns brown after so many years. I am pretty sure I read something of the sort at the time I was purchasing the box.

????? I'm no chemist, and I'm not questioning the authenticity of your SWs, but how in the world would a varnished wooden box change color (uniformly, and not just in spots) over time? I have some empty pre-Castro all wood boxes, and every one of them is brown.

Like I said, not intending to make any kind of challenge, just curious.