• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H Upmann

The 2002 Sir Winstons sport a different band than the same cigar with a box code 5 years later. When did they change the bands?

Appreciate your answer.

Yes. Former band was brown and current is red, white and gold. Change for the Sir Winnies occurred with their '07 production (based off my stock).

I recall it being in "06. Shooting from the hip here though. never had one with a new band :whistling:

Damn. I was wwwwrrrrooo....

Did they produce Sir Winnies in '06, Matt? I'm not sure...so you might be rrrrrriiiiggghtt!! :)

Ask a simple question, and wind up with us comedians cluttering up their thread.

I personally loved the old bands. I'm not a big fan of the new ones.

Why are they changing all the packaging? Upmann, RyJ(tubos), Partagas(tubos) its like the old style wasn't good enough. Everything has to be blinged out.

Simple, utilitarian, understated and elegant will always win over flashy blinged out and shiny IMO.

My opinion - if opus X had a band like the old upman band you wouldn't even know the name.

Why are they changing all the packaging? Upmann, RyJ(tubos), Partagas(tubos) its like the old style wasn't good enough. Everything has to be blinged out.

Simple, utilitarian, understated and elegant will always win over flashy blinged out and shiny IMO.

My opinion - if opus X had a band like the old upman band you wouldn't even know the name.

Marketing BS! thats why they change the packaging.

Marketing BS! thats why they change the packaging.

That too, plus the old band was easily counterfeited ala Montecristo band.

Gary very nice band, I'm impressed.

I noticed this last year when I bought a cab of Magnum 46 with a late 2007 box code. I too preferred that simple brown band. So are no H. Upmann vitolas wearing the brown band anymore?

I also hate the new RyJ Churchill tubos with that colored tube and now wear two bands instead of the old, classic gold band alone.

I noticed this last year when I bought a cab of Magnum 46 with a late 2007 box code. I too preferred that simple brown band. So are no H. Upmann vitolas wearing the brown band anymore?

I also hate the new RyJ Churchill tubos with that colored tube and now wear two bands instead of the old, classic gold band alone.

How dare you bring this thread back on topic :angry: