• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

HABANOS Sticker

The HABANOS sticker that's located on upper right corner of the box....Is there a couple different versions?

I've seen some that just simply says HABANOS and other that have HABANOS with the phaze "DENOMINACION DE ORIGEN PROTEGIA" beneath it.

If this topic has been covered before....I apologize in advance. :p

edited for spelling

It could be a change in years to deter fake cigar sales...What's the date on both?

I'm at work so this just from memory but, one was a box of Monte 4's (June '04) and the other was a box of Trindad Fundi's (May '02). The Fundi's had the plain Habanos and the 4's had the Habanos with the Protected Denomination of Origin.

edited for spelling....again :)

"he Denominación de Origen Protegida Habanos -Habanos’ protected appellation of Origin- is only granted to the most select brands that are made in Cuba, solely and exclusively with Black Cuban Tobacco which, thanks to an unbeatable climate and the wisdom of the land workers and cigar rollers of the island, has achieved an indisputable standard of prestige. This has all been done by following the strictest standards and with the best leaves selected from the tobacco-growing regions of Cuba."

I noticed that the latest box, the '05 had the black lettering, while the older ones did not.

Denominacion Defined