• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hail to the chief!

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
We had an interesting afternoon today... :0 :0
Hail.jpg

Hail2.JPG

Luckily we thought ahead and got the vehicles in the garage. I sure didn't like the sounds of these stones hitting our skylights, though!

We had an interesting afternoon today... :0 :0
Hail.jpg

Hail2.JPG

Luckily we thought ahead and got the vehicles in the garage. I sure didn't like the sounds of these stones hitting our skylights, though!
Holy crap, that's killer size if it hits you on the head.

Brian

Had some of that down here a couple of weeks ago. About the same size. The storm seemed to be very isolated. It only hit an area about 2 square miles. And it happened in the middle of the day while my daughter was in school with her car parked in the school parking lot. $2,500 damage to a $4,000 car.

That would sure trash a tobacco crop in a hurry. Hope you made out ok. We have lots of little stuff here later in the summer but have never seen anything like that.

It only hailed here once...when I was three. But it was only the size of a musket ball.

Damn! That's about as big as I've seen anywhere in the world :0

We had some that looked just like that down here on 4/13. It ripped the crap out of alot of roofs in the area. ??? Got ours too (lucky for us we don't own the place). :( We were actually driving when the storm hit, trying to get home to shelter. The suckers were exploding on the windshield so hard we can only attribute the lack of damage to fervent prayer and angels protecting us! :thumbs:
Glad everyone is okay on your end!

Last year at the San Diego City Championship Meet it hailed on me. Only a few competitors actually braved the conditions to throw hammer. I ended up winning the meet!
gallery_3348_209_101707.jpg

Kinda weak for hail... but it's San Diego, so we never see that kind of stuff.

-Vinny

Glad everyone is ok. :thumbs: Thanks for sharing those pic's with that handsome lad.

According to the weather folks, this is likely a once in a lifetime deal. I've seen hail before in Indiana growing up, but nothing like this. I just about shat when the first stone hit the skylight over our dining room. It sounded like a gunshot!

All is well here aside from a lot of new dents in the yard! There wasn't a lot of damage in the area as the big stuff seemed to be quite isolated and mostly over uninhabited areas. It's too early to have much planted in this area, so we didn't lose any plants like last year when the pea sized stuff came through and ripped up the landscaping.

I'm glad I wasn't out having a cigar when the storm arrived. It was during my normal time to smoke.

It was really cool to see hail this large, but I don't want to see it again!