• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Half smoked cigar put back in Humi

In case anyone was interested in sanding or not sanding...I did this to my humi a few months back with no ill effects. I picked up a cigar...not sure where and it acquired a little growth on it shortly after finding its way into my humi. I freaked out and pitched the cigar, made a nice tupperdor, and then proceded to re-do my entire humi. I got some new beads, and opened up the humi to air out for a few weeks.

While I was waiting, I went ahead and opened up my foam humidification devices, ditched the foam, opened up my one beaded device, ditched all the beads and scrubbed everything down until I was happy that anything that could possibly have been contaminated was gone.

I then (after I was sure the humi was aired out to my liking) got one of those very very fine grit sanding cubes from lowes and proceded to lightly sand the entire inside of the humi to the best of my ability including the tray. I then vaccumed it out so that I was confident no dust remained and reseasoned it with my new setup of beads only and no floral foam.

Put everything back together and had no problems since. Knock on cedar. ;)