• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

HAM

Who among you are HAM RADIO operators?

• I am.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am but only use it for my boat.

• I am not.

• I have thought about it but never follow through with things.

• Although the 13 year old girl sitting next to me passed the licensing exam, I didn't.

• If you buy the equipment for me, I'll be happy to give it a try.

• Total voters
I'm not as much of a ham as others on here??? :D

Just saw it actually and voted!

KE6MGB. Been a ham for 10 years now. When I get some free time I'll go for my Extra Class, if it's still around...

I still want to start a Cigar HF Net.

I am not a Ham, but I work on all types of radios, and can put up any type of antenna just about anywhere. I probably know as much about radios and wave propagation as anyone here, I just don't know much about FCC laws. When I use radios I fall under the Coast Guards FCC license.

Emo

emodx said:
I am not a Ham, but I work on all types of radios, and can put up any type of antenna just about anywhere. I probably know as much about radios and wave propagation as anyone here, I just don't know much about FCC laws. When I use radios I fall under the Coast Guards FCC license.

Emo
You should be a Ham, then! A great hobby is to build your own radios.

I'm studying. :( Have been out of school a loooong time. Think i'm going to try to go Gen first time. Might as well get full use of the rig. ;) Now if I could just get a hang of the code. ???

Mike

The code is very easy. When I learned it, I used Gordon West's tapes. I think you can still buy them at Radio Shack. I studied for about 30 minutes a day, and was ready for my test in less than a month. I was actually around 13 wpm in my first month using his tapes. There's also a lot of morse code study computer programs you can get off the internet for free.

Good luck...

Years ago I was active as K1IFG. Life took me in other directions and I let my license drop. Last time I visited my Mother in Mass I saw my old Heathkit DX-40 and Hallicrafters receiver in the basement! Antennae was ripped off the house in some storm. It was good for the times I used it.