• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Handing in the Man Card

Ty Atkinson

Went shopping for a new car for the wife and for trips etc.

Ended up with a 2009 Toyota Prius, less then 10k on the odo and a 7 year 100k warrenty.
Overall i was very skeptical of hybrid's in general and the test drive really sold me.

Better find some Manly things to do to make up for this one.

Bad pictures

prius1.jpg

prius2.jpg

prius3.jpg

prius4.jpg

Congrats Ty! My brother has one and he loves it...he's pretty rough on autos. If he hasn't broken it yet, it must be a pretty good car!

What was the depreciation from the new cost? Buying new-used is a pretty smart way to get big savings but yes, you'd better start eating tobasco sauce with your wheaties and chewing a big cigar in the corner of your mouth all day to compensate for a Prius. :laugh:

Congrats on the new car! I love it...its so PRETTY!
laugh.gif

A good way to salvage your manliness out of this would be to attach a pair of those faux testicles to the back of the Prius. Not only would it class it up some, it would show the world that you are indeed a man's man. I'll wait for updated pictures. :D

A good way to salvage your manliness out of this would be to attach a pair of those faux testicles to the back of the Prius. Not only would it class it up some, it would show the world that you are indeed a man's man. I'll wait for updated pictures.
biggrin.gif

But what size Clint? Down here on the big off road trucks, it looks like a bull's sack swinging from the trailer hitch, on smaller trucks, they're about half the size.

I guess with a Prius, you'd need the Bull's sack!
laugh.gif

...BTW, nice car!

Lol, the nuts on the back is a great idea, unfortunately the town i live in has a big problem with them and will actually make you remove them from your car.
Which to me is kinda crazy because the practice of eating cow balls is common practice!
So ill probably have to go with the big ole cigar idea.

the price drop from brand new to a year old is around 6 to 8k, but from what ive seen after the first year it only drops around 1k a year.

If that is your car in your avatar I would say you about broke even :laugh: , if not the bull sack may be the best way to go haha. Oh yeah don't forget prius's don't like to stop :D

Although it isn't my first choice of car, they are still a pretty nice ride. I have driven a couple of them, and they seemed to be peppy for what they are.

At least you got a nice color, and not something that screams I'm a girlie boy!

Lol, the nuts on the back is a great idea, unfortunately the town i live in has a big problem with them and will actually make you remove them from your car.
Which to me is kinda crazy because the practice of eating cow balls is common practice!
So ill probably have to go with the big ole cigar idea.

the price drop from brand new to a year old is around 6 to 8k, but from what ive seen after the first year it only drops around 1k a year.

What kind of town do you live in? :whistling:

Who needs nuts on the back of a car? Isn't that what an Iroc with neon lights is for. :p

A town with more churches then houses!
Just kidding, welcome to the bible belt though.

Toyota did yes have a few recall problems, all car companies do just not as main stream as the toyota's have been.

All the money you save in gas goes towards replacing the batteries when they wear out! :thumbs: Gotta love technology that doesn't work.

Lol, i fail to see how possible battery replacement down the line is technology that doesnt work, most prius batteries last between 100 to 200k miles, and they arent near as expensive as you make them to be.

I feel your pain. I picked up a new civic EX in 09. It was really hard to get used to not having an excess amount of American made metal around me but after looking back at how much money I saved in gas it isn't that bad

Toyota did yes have a few recall problems, all car companies do just not as main stream as the toyota's have been.

Exactly right. Many recalls across all the brands. Funny how the Toyota recalls have been more scrutinized by the media and government. Although considering that now the US govt is in the auto biz (GMC=Government Motors Company) is it any wonder they're investigating their competition? :whistling:

You need to roll in that beast with Hybrid pride! Wear one of these bad boys during the times you can't be parading around in that sexy minx of a car.

4324092308_24830fe516_m.jpg

Yeah dude, mind the brakes!

:0

The brakes too? I thought the issue was run away cars due to the accelerator jamming open...?

Congrats on your new ride, a friend of mine has had one for a few years, he gives it some serious stick and has rolled up a ton of miles, he likes it and has had a trouble free experience.