• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy 102th Birthday... Zino Davidoff

coolboxers255

Today is Zino's 102th birthday. RIP
It's reason enough to have a good cigar today.

Robusto 100 is on standby for tonight. Have a good day everyone.

spotlight3.jpg

He was one hell of a business man. He got top dollar for everything he ever sold.

Doc.

I was playing in a Blues band in Holland in 1994.We were in Zutphen .I was all stoked to try some Cubans but I was on a real tight budget.I went in this Tobacco store, and looked around .The owner asked if he could help, I told him where I was from and what I was doing in Holland,trying to work his" lets give the poor struggling drummer a break .No dice .I did get a cigar though .He introduced me to this gentleman that was stacking shelves with cigars.He took the box the cigar I bought was in and wrote on the back.Guess who was stacking the shelves.Part of what he wrote was "take small puffs"

I was playing in a Blues band in Holland in 1994.We were in Zutphen .I was all stoked to try some Cubans but I was on a real tight budget.I went in this Tobacco store, and looked around .The owner asked if he could help, I told him where I was from and what I was doing in Holland,trying to work his" lets give the poor struggling drummer a break .No dice .I did get a cigar though .He introduced me to this gentleman that was stacking shelves with cigars.He took the box the cigar I bought was in and wrote on the back.Guess who was stacking the shelves.Part of what he wrote was "take small puffs"

Now that is some cooool chit! What a fond memory that must be...

I smoked a Millenium Blend lancero to honor the old man's memory. Fantastic cigar!

Thank you Zino for your cigars, philosophy, and contributions to this world. You are truly missed.

Dave, are you having another acid flashback? I can't believe you've never shared this story. This Thursday night you have my undivided attention (unless Carmela shows). ;)

Weird, I randomly decided to smoke the Davidoff Millenium that was gifted to me a while ago tonight, good choice.

Vey cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't read this until today so I didn't know it was his B-day but today I will drive home with the best Davidoff I have here in the work-a-dor. I think there may be a millenium pefecto hiding in there somewhere. Let's hope so..............

Now THAT'S impressive!

Now that is an item I would cherish, like I'm sure you do. Thanks for sharing that bit of Davidoff history.

Some of my favorite cigars are Davidoffs!