• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Birthday Dave!

happy-birthday1.gif
Dave
cake.gif

Hey everyone! Thanks for the wonderful birthday wishes. I promise to have pictures of the crib up soon. I basically have the four main components (2 ends, 2 sides) finished. I just need to do a final sanding and polyurethane everything a couple times. I started up a new mini project a couple of days ago. My mom gave me an early birthday present... a biscuit joiner. With that, I created a board wide enough to duplicate the top of the crib on the dresser we're going to use in the nursery. It will have the same cherry 1/4" roundover accent underneath a plain hard-maple top. The only problem I had with this was that I could only find maple boards up to 10" wide and I needed 16". So, a couple evenings ago I made a 20" wide board and cut it down to exactly what I needed.

As far as the cigar goes - I hate to say it, but I was so busy yesterday doing all sorts of fun things that I never had time for one. I do have a cigar planned for today though. I bought a Hemmingway Signature a few years ago on my birthday (2001). Mmm mmmm mmmm - I love those Hemmingways!

I promise pictures are coming soon!

Dave

Are biscuit jointers great or what? ;) I have a Freud.

I knew I needed it for certain projects (edge gluing boards to make wider panels) but I was surprised at the other uses I have found for it :thumbs:

Just put the 2nd coat of polyurethane on the dresser top.

CC, What else have you use the biscuit joiner for? Got any pictures?

Dave ;)