• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Birthday Little Buddy!

BobbyRitz

You're Fired, Daddy.
Review Number Four

My son, Trey, turned four earlier this week. When he was born, I bought a 50 cab of SLR Regios with the box code of his birth month.

Four years have passed by faster than I can tell you. I smoked the fourth Regios yesterday and have to say...they are finally coming around. It's easy to say cigars benefit from aging, and scientifically we know they continue to evolve. Smoking one cigar out of this cabinet each year for Trey's birthday has been very interesting. Not only for the significance of the annual smoke, but also for the results.

Prelight observations included a well-rolled cigar that was light in the hand. I clipped the cap with my Xikar and was met by a perfect draw. This, the fourth, cigar has matured greatly since last year. What was once quite acrid and full of ammonia has settled tremendously. This cigar was extremely rich at the outset. A world of difference from any of the previous cigars. SLR's signature licorice was not detected. However, it had a dominate flavor of toasted almond toffee. It wasn't overly sweet though; it's a cigar after all. The draw remained perfect throughout and produced more than ample smoke. There is nothing better than a fine Havana cigar that is well constructed. The ash was a medium shade of grey with salt and pepper shades.

This flavor profile continued for first two-thirds. Complexity was present, with layers of flavor that were there...just not ready to reveal themselves yet. It is worth noting that the finish on this cigar was long...and quite tasty. I watched Trey collect leaves in the back of his Gator and then play in his sandbox. It was a beautiful day, reaching into the low 60's.

The final third was less sweet and its profile was one of toasted almonds with a hint of cinnamon. Increased strength was noticeable as well. I really enjoyed this cigar and can't wait for next year's installment. I'll be patient, as I want to enjoy another year watching my little buddy grow.

Of all the cigars I have, this is my most valuable box.

IMG_8477.jpg

IMG_8478.jpg

IMG_8479.jpg

IMG_8486.jpg

IMG_8487.jpg

IMG_8503.jpg

IMG_8498.jpg

That is so cool, and what beautiful pictures. Congrats on the event and you're right, the years go by so very quickly. 10yrs and 8yrs have gone in a flash for me. Happy birthday Trey.

That is absolutely awesome! Happy Birthday to the little fella!

I'll say it here again Rob..... The boy is growing fast! Quite a looker who takes after his mom for sure. :)

Here's to looking forward to reviews 5 - 50.

Bobby - what a great review and what a neat idea. Your little man is growing up fast..!! Great looking kid, great backyard...!!

The very Best Regards to you and your family - B.B.S.

Awesome Rob, they sure grow quick. My most prized boxes are the ones I have for my boys' birth months also

Brilliant stuff . It truly warms the heart.
Happy Birthday Trey and many more to come. (children are what grounds us and bring joy to all )

Happy Birthday to your son Trey, Rob!

Good pics there, I love seeing that much yard space to have kids play in.

I always wondered what the CAO cubist ashtray looked like up close, NICE!

Awesome Rob!...Happy Birthday to your little man.

My most prized cigar smoking day was when I went to my son's college campus and broke out 2 Daividoff #2s on his 21st birthday that I've had since his birth. The 3 left are for his graduation from college, his wedding and the birth of his first child. I hope you can do the same.

May God bless the both of you with good health and fun times forever!

PS: I know you knew this already Rob, but I just couldn't help myself after reading your post! My son LOVES the cigar measuring card you gave him and uses it all the time. I overheard him the other night in our cigar room teaching one of his friends about the basics of cigars using the card to explain length, ring sizes, and the names attached to the specific sizes. Almost brought a tear to my eye! :laugh:

The Tradition lives on in our children!!

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes!

@John - Yep, you better believe it...my wife won the gene battle. :)

@Gary - That's fantastic. I'll be a happy man if I'm half as lucky as you've been with your son and cigars. Davi #2's are a great smoke.

Best regards to all,

Rob

Happy belated Birthday to the Little man!!!

Very cool review and idea Rob. Looking forward to hearing how they continue to progress over the next decade lol.

Awesome tradition, Rob! I remember when you were hunting for that cab. :laugh:

Hope Trey had a wonderful birthday!

Nice! Got my cohibas aging with my son. 15 months and he's doing great. Not to mention these cohibas will be knock out with age too.

Well done brother enjoying all of the precious years!

Rob he's getting big!I know he has mom's good looks but I see he like the finer things like you! LOL