• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Repeal Day CP!

ewanzel

December 5th is the anniversary of the day the United States repealed the 18th Amendment, ending prohibition, and giving us all the constitutional right to consume alcohol. This year is the 75th anniversary. To date this is not yet an official holiday. But, awareness/adoption could one day help make this the first truly American drinking holiday. (Unlike St. Patrick’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, Oktoberfest, etc.) Here are a few reasons why Repeal Day should be a holiday in the U.S.

We have the constitutional right to do so. How many forms of pleasure are guaranteed by the Constitution? None. Unless you’re one of those who get an inflated sense of ego from holding a firearm or speaking in public. Me, I’m going to stick with alcohol.

It’s at the right time. Conveniently located about halfway between Thanksgiving and Christmas, at a time when we’re probably not with our families, the Fifth of December represents a great time to get together with friends and celebrate our constitutional rights.

Repeal Day doesn’t exclude. Are you an American, or are you located in the United States? Congratulations, you’re invited to join our party! Being French on Cinco de Mayo is about as cool as being British on the Fourth of July. But December Fifth is a day that’s open to anyone!

It’s Easy! There are no outfits to buy, costumes to rent, rivers to dye green. Simply celebrate the day by stopping by your local bar, tavern, saloon, winery, distillery, or brewhouse and having a drink. Pick up a six-pack on your way home from work. Split a bottle of wine with a loved one. Buy a shot for a stranger. Just do it because you can.

Happy Repeal Day everyone! you can bet I'll be celebrating tonight ...... WOOHOO!!!

EndOfProhobition.jpg

:cool:

Back