• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Harpoon

Dr. Marneaus

I drive a station wagon
I've enjoyed all the Harpoon beer's I'd had in the past, (mainly the UFO), but this summer I had an opportunity to get down to their brewery in Boston and participate in a tasting session.

I liked most everything they offered, not so much on the really light stuff or their summer ale, but the UFO, the Dark, their Cider, all great.

However, they had something new on tap for us to try...

They've just recently entered into the world of big beers and launched their Leviathan series. They had their second stab at it for us to try, called Triticus. Delicious wheat-wine type ale. I grabbed up a Growler of the Triticus and the Dark to bring back to vegas and share with my beer friends.

The Triticus is delicious, but it's no joke. Super smooth but a way overwhelming taste but very good. If you're into big beers and have the opportunity, check it out.

Any other harpoon fans?

If you're ever on vacation in Boston, I suggest you stop by the Brewery and grab some samples and maybe a few growlers fresh off the tap. Or, if you see their beers in stores, give em a go. Sadly, they don't distribute any further west than Chicago at the current time, they're running at capacity and can't brew enough to meet demand.

I used to live in Boston and ate and drank all over the place. Used to work as a valet in college at Northeastern, so had access to pretty much anything. I absolutely love the winter warmer!!! Have not had the rest really though!

Don

The master brewer at Harpoon is a good friend of ours.

Great beers. I enjoyed them a lot when I lived in Boston.

I'm fond of their IPA. It's in my rotation ;) :laugh: I think ,in general, we're lucky here in New England. We've got some good breweries.

Doc.

I'm not a big fan of IPA's in general, but I did enjoy theirs more than most of the others I have tried.

I'm fond of their IPA. It's in my rotation ;) :laugh: I think ,in general, we're lucky here in New England. We've got some good breweries.

Doc.

Some of the best Doc, I love going back home just to find another favorite.

Shift key ;)

I like their IPA. I've been to the brewery a couple of times for their "Brewstock" celebrations.

UFO is a summertime favorite and the IPA is a classic. Have not made it down to the brewery in 3-4 years maybe another trip is in order the Triticus sounds interesting.

If I make it down any time soon I will post a review of the brewery / tour.

Haven't had much of their stuff since back when I started into craft beer, but I had the opportunity to try a few bottles of their Glacier Harvest '08 Fresh Hop Ale this year and found it to be quite sublime and tasty.