• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Harviestoun Old Engine Oil Special Reserve

IMG_0041-1.jpg

I purchased this beer a week ago and got around to drinking it tonight. Harviestoun is a Scottish brewery and the beer is aged in whiskey casks and is a 8% ABV.

Smell: Smells like chocolate and a hint of peat.

Taste: This beer really tastes like it has chocolate in it. It is not sweet by any means but has that bitter cocau flavor. I am really enjoying this beer. This beer is quite rich in the mouth. The presence of the whisky casks are clear.

Finish: This beer is smooth and warming. Perfect for a cool autumn evening.

This was a great porter made better by the whisky casks. If you love scotch and beer this is a great beer to try.

I love that beer too! Recently they released versions of this aged in 12, 18, and 30 y/o Scotch barrels. I can't remember what distillery it was off the top of my head that they got the barrels from, but the beer was pretty spendy, so I hope it's markedly better than this, which I think is great.

By the way, what kind of glass is that? I really like it too!

It's 12, 16 and 30 Highland Park Barrels at the moment for the Ola Dubh. The Engine Oil was stored in Dalmore and later Invergordon casks.

I love that beer too! Recently they released versions of this aged in 12, 18, and 30 y/o Scotch barrels. I can't remember what distillery it was off the top of my head that they got the barrels from, but the beer was pretty spendy, so I hope it's markedly better than this, which I think is great.

Back