• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Has anyone ever?

fetterjohn

Non-active but active and lurking!
Has any ever taken a wrapper of one cigar and wrapped it around another? I want to play around and make a barber pole cigar like the ones at Fuente in the secret rooms...on Moki's vitola.net. Or even take a maduro wrapper off a Fuente 858 and wrap it around a Hemingway or an Opus X to make something new. :love:

I guess I need to wet the wrapper and carefully take it off or something.

Has anyone ever? :whistling:

-Fetter

That's crazy talk man! I suppose if one knew what he or she was doing, and you have all the tools, it could probably be done. Good luck and tell my ex-girlfriend I said hi!

Never tried it especially a good 858...I love those things, why dont you just send it to me instead LOL. Good luck though.

A few months ago someone, possibly moki, posted a thread where they dissected a cigar and removed the wrapper and filler in whole leaves. So assuming you can get it apart without tearing it and are able to rewrap it I suppose it could be done.

I think this is definitely something that's best left to the professionals!

Kids, do not try this at home!

Since the barbershop pole is 2 different wrappers wrapped around the cigar at the same time with a little overlap, good luck trying to accomplish it. And since I hate barbershop pole cigars including the BTL, why would you want to ruin a perfectly good cigar when ya can get barbershop poles already? There is more than just the AF BTL's that are made. :laugh:

I want to try it just out of the shear fun factor. I happen to love the Fuente BTL. And all of the crazy looking cigars on vitola.net look great...I guarantee that a lot of the spiral work was done with strips of wrapper and glue. I know that the maduro foot of the BBMF is just glued on...I figure "Why not try?". :thumbs:

-Fetter

There is more than just the AF BTL's that are made. :laugh:

Yes, there are...but they all suck! :sign:

Hey Fetter! Let's get together and try it sometime. We'll make our own Maduro Opus X. Or maybe a Candela 1926! :D

Hey Fetter! Let's get together and try it sometime. We'll make our own Maduro Opus X. Or maybe a Candela 1926! :D

I'm thinking like a candela striped Opus X or maduro Anejo...even a tri-pole Hemingway with a smily face. :)

-Fetter

Has any ever taken a wrapper of one cigar and wrapped it around another? I want to play around and make a barber pole cigar like the ones at Fuente in the secret rooms...on Moki's vitola.net. Or even take a maduro wrapper off a Fuente 858 and wrap it around a Hemingway or an Opus X to make something new. :love:

I guess I need to wet the wrapper and carefully take it off or something.

Has anyone ever? :whistling:

-Fetter

A look from a different angle...

Why would you want...well, never mind. You've already explained why you would want to do it.

For this experiment to have any chance at all of being a success, of course you want to use wrappers from what you consider good to great cigars because you would presume that they would have the best wrapper material. That being the case, what if those cigars you wish to remove the wrapper from for your experiment are considerably more expensive than the majority of other cigars that you might consider?

Essentially you would be destroying great and (potentially) expensive cigars just for their wrappers for the sake of conducting an experiment. Unless you have a significant amount of disposible income, that seems like a true waste of money that you could use for a better purpose...like buying some cigars that you know you already like.

I agree that the experimentation should be left to the professional blenders. But if you have extra money lying around, Go For It! :D

Since the barbershop pole is 2 different wrappers wrapped around the cigar at the same time with a little overlap, good luck trying to accomplish it. And since I hate barbershop pole cigars including the BTL, why would you want to ruin a perfectly good cigar when ya can get barbershop poles already? There is more than just the AF BTL's that are made. :laugh:

I love the BTL, let me know if some fall into your hands for a fast trade. :)

Brian