• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Haste makes waste....and vomit

Ive definitely been a little nauseous before but never actually heaved. Good work man:D

Only time I felt the sick was smoking 7 cigars in a row with Josh at the Outlaw. :thumbs:

Never heaved from it, though.

Subconsciously I made a serious effort to see how fast I could smoke that baby lol

Did not end well for me. Lesson learned. Please dont make me feel anymore novice by adding how you DIDNT vomit. lol

. Please dont make me feel anymore novice by adding how you DIDNT vomit. lol

It wasn't a speed contest, but I mixed a Padron 64 natural with a rather stiff whiskey/coke this summer and felt a bit queezy. Didn't realize just how hard the 64 would hit me! So I went and bought a few more of them!

Lesson not learned.

It seems to me that for most cigars, the closer to the nub you smoke, the more effect of the nicotine you feel. I had a Trinidad Futadores and I was fine for most of it, and then i felt really queasy on the last third.
I let it go out and I decided since the cigar is so hard to come by, I'd try to finish more of it the next day. I had less than a dozen puffs and I felt about the same amout of queasyness.

It seems that regardless of the lenght or size of the cigar, around the last third is when I really start feeling the nicotine kick in. Maybe I'm not as tolerant to nicotine as I used to be.
Anyone else feel this way?

It seems that regardless of the lenght or size of the cigar, around the last third is when I really start feeling the nicotine kick in. Maybe I'm not as tolerant to nicotine as I used to be.
I find myself feeling this way when a cigar starts to burn hot. When the smoke feels a bit too warm on the palate and sometimes the taste starts to get sour (usually in the last third) I get a bit nauseated by it. I've always attributed that to the taste/heat of the smoke though, not so much the nicotine, since it usually disappears quite soon after putting it down. Also, it doesn't really register when I smoke slowly enough to keep the cigar cool in the last third.

The only time I've had an issue is when herfing in an indoor (closed-door) environment. I remember a herf at Geoff's old place for a UFC had over 100 people smoking in there. That, paired with 3 or 4 cigars of my own, and I felt a little woozy afterward. Usually something sweet (I recommend OJ or a soda) will remediate that issue after a few minutes.

My guess is that, as you're smoking a cigar, the unsmoked portion is acting as a filter. As you get closer to the end, you're re-igniting all of the stuff that has been filtered thus far, and pulling it through a shorter filter (what's left of the cigar). Again, just a guess...

Bobby

I don't know what these LFD chisels you all speak of but I think I'll have to go out and try to find some. I tend to prefer the fuller flavored cigars and everyone that people have said would kick my rear end (Anejo Shark, Nub Habano, etc.) have been really good, but haven't exactly gotten me queezy (not that I'm looking for that).

The thing that gets me is you guys that can sit and smoke 3 or 4 cigars a day and enjoy it. When I smoke I tend to nub the crap out of a gar which in turn burns my tongue a bit. Then I can't really fully taste anything for a day or so afterward. If I try and have another smoke I feel like I'm wasting it because I can't fully enjoy it.

I don't know what these LFD chisels you all speak of but I think I'll have to go out and try to find some. I tend to prefer the fuller flavored cigars and everyone that people have said would kick my rear end (Anejo Shark, Nub Habano, etc.) have been really good, but haven't exactly gotten me queezy (not that I'm looking for that).

The thing that gets me is you guys that can sit and smoke 3 or 4 cigars a day and enjoy it. When I smoke I tend to nub the crap out of a gar which in turn burns my tongue a bit. Then I can't really fully taste anything for a day or so afterward. If I try and have another smoke I feel like I'm wasting it because I can't fully enjoy it.
Maybe you should put your cigar down before it burns your tongue. :whistling:

I tend to quit on a cigar with between 1-2" left, or whenever it starts to taste harsh.

I'm with you Matt, I'll put her down once she starts to burn or get harsh.

I've never seen a man nub quite like Loren, simply amazing!

DSCF0636.jpg

The man is a machine!

:D

Im starting to quit once I dont enjoy the taste, why smoke it if Im not enjoying it? Sometimes I feel like Im wasting money, or even worse, a gift.

CAO l'anniversaire Maduro...........big buzz at the finish. Hic ups.......bought more. : :blush:

Maybe you should put your cigar down before it burns your tongue. :whistling: I tend to quit on a cigar with between 1-2" left, or whenever it starts to taste harsh.

Well see that's the problem, it never does start to taste harsh. It only gets better as it I smoke.

I'm with you Matt, I'll put her down once she starts to burn or get harsh.I've never seen a man nub quite like Loren, simply amazing! The man is a machine!:D

:0 I don't think I'm quite that good ... yet. I was able to do the whole bur a Nub without ashing and get it to stand on end thing though. I used to have a picture of it.

Im starting to quit once I dont enjoy the taste, why smoke it if Im not enjoying it? Sometimes I feel like Im wasting money, or even worse, a gift.

Try purging your cigar if it starts to turn bitter, it helps to get rid of unburnt tar, leaving a fresh tasting smoke.

Here's a video that may help broaden the knowledge base You Tube

DSCF0636.jpg

The man is a machine!

Since this happened before you joined, read this thread. http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=33122
You will get to the pictures of the nub contest. Only thing you could use was fingers only. No roach clips, no tooth picks...nothing but fingers. It landed us down on the Padron Family wall. If its a good cigar, I will nub it to this standard and yes, I've done it a few times. Sucked the cherry straight through on several occasions and you guessed it, I've also started my beard on fire. :laugh:

DSCF0636.jpg

The man is a machine!

Since this happened before you joined, read this thread. http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=33122
You will get to the pictures of the nub contest. Only thing you could use was fingers only. No roach clips, no tooth picks...nothing but fingers. It landed us down on the Padron Family wall. If its a good cigar, I will nub it to this standard and yes, I've done it a few times. Sucked the cherry straight through on several occasions and you guessed it, I've also started my beard on fire. :laugh:

You're absolutely mad. I like this youtube channel, I am a subscriber, but I havent watched this one yet! Thanks!

I really have never had a problem with a cigar knocking me on my butt, Sept for my first opus when i inhaled it whew buddy did that suck of course i was retarded and kept trying till i didn't cough. wish i could get light headed from a stogie.

I really have never had a problem with a cigar knocking me on my butt, Sept for my first opus when i inhaled it whew buddy did that suck of course i was retarded and kept trying till i didn't cough. wish i could get light headed from a stogie.

It looks like you threw this sentence up.