• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hats

TugBoat

I've been looking around to pick up a relatively inexpensive fedora (or a Panama hat)

I have come across many websites that have some very nice hats for $40-$75. Unfortunately I have a very large head, I wear a hat size 7 7/8 or 8 depending on when I last had a haircut :D .

I haven't been able to find any fedoras that would fit me within a reasonable price range. I was wondering if anyone here may be able to help me out and point me to a website that they may have come across.

I know the odds are against me finding an affordable hat, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Darrell

Darrell with that size head your better off with a 55 gallon drum... :laugh: j/k

You live in FL right? Well, if you know any older PRikns ask them about Victor hats they are this hat style:
FuenteSunset.jpg

I own 2 and love them, had the for about 9 years. I don't know where to get them in the US other than NY and PR. Hope this helps.

Raf

If you are open to different styles, The Tilley Company makes some of the best hats I have ever worn. They are available in every size, and have great customer service. I have been stopped by total strangers in numerous countries who were also wearing Tilley hats, and have struck up conversations, smoked some cigars, and even made a few friends.
I had one interesting chap dressed head to toe in white except for his blue shoes and gold teeth buy my wife and I our lunch in New Orleans because "I seen this gentleman take off his Tilley hat when he came inside the door."
They float, are GUARANTEED FOR LIFE and INSURED AGAINST LOSS.

Can you tell I am a fan and loyal customer? http://www.tilley.com/home.asp

Dude,

With one of these

1.jpg

some of this

tape_duct.jpg

and some of these

Placemat%20Fragrant%20Root%20SaffronELARGE.jpg

You can pretty much make whatever size you need!

:sign: :sign: :sign:

If you are open to different styles, The Tilley Company makes some of the best hats I have ever worn. They are available in every size, and have great customer service. I have been stopped by total strangers in numerous countries who were also wearing Tilley hats, and have struck up conversations, smoked some cigars, and even made a few friends.
I had one interesting chap dressed head to toe in white except for his blue shoes and gold teeth buy my wife and I our lunch in New Orleans because "I seen this gentleman take off his Tilley hat when he came inside the door."
They float, are GUARANTEED FOR LIFE and INSURED AGAINST LOSS.

Can you tell I am a fan and loyal customer? http://www.tilley.com/home.asp

Thanks for the link. If I can't find what I'm looking for I'll probably get one from Tilley. They appear to be a very good high quality hat.

Thanks for the help. I'm still looking for an affordable Fedora style hat that will fit me. I can easily find a few in my size, I just don't want to pay that much for one yet. I have no problem paying $150+ for a quality hat if I know for a fact that I will be using it on a regular basis. Right now I am pretty sure I will be but I want to find a less expensive hat and use that for awhile and determine if I can justify spending that much for a nicer hat.

You can pretty much make whatever size you need!

:sign: :sign: :sign:

I know you'll get a kick out of this.

Earlier this year I went on a cruise. It was the Royal Caribbean Panama Canal cruise, I decided that if I'm going to Panama I had to buy a Panama hat (yes I know they aren't actually made in Panama) In my search for a hat that would fit I managed to make people in Costa Rica, Panama, Aruba, and Curacao laugh at me.

I would walk up to a stand where hats were being sold and would ask to try on the largest hat they had, I would proceed to put it on and it would be nowhere close to fitting. The person running the stand couldn't help but to laugh,.It's not like it was a little snug, the hat looked like it should be a prop for a joke, it would sit on my head as in my head would not fit within the hat.

I can vouch for the Tilley link above. I've had mine for years and I like that hat more than I like most people.

Darrell with that size head your better off with a 55 gallon drum... :laugh: j/k

You live in FL right? Well, if you know any older PRikns ask them about Victor hats they are this hat style:
FuenteSunset.jpg

I own 2 and love them, had the for about 9 years. I don't know where to get them in the US other than NY and PR. Hope this helps.

Raf
Darrell as a follow up to my earlier post here are the pictures of mine, LMK if this are the ones you are looking for.

My everyday wear:
IMG_9159.jpg

IMG_9160.jpg

My special occassion wear:
IMG_9163.jpg

IMG_9164.jpg

The brand for your reference:
IMG_9162.jpg

Both together:
IMG_9165.jpg

Hope these help.

Raf

I feel your pain bruddah. I had the all-time largest size cap in the cap/gown measurements for graduation. I'm a Resistol man myself and fortunately have the factory that I can go directly to.

Raf, those are some very nice hats you have. I am definitely looking for something along those lines, I'm not set on either straw or fur, I'm just looking for something that looks good and fits. :D

Much to my frustration I can't find a thing about Victor Hats online.
I'm defiantely going to talk to a couple of my Puerto Rican friends and see if they or any of their family know anywhere local that might sell them.

Horse, I've looked at Resistol hats before and they make some great hats for a great price. Next time I'm looking to get a western style hat, Resistol is defianelty one of the first places I'm looking (this may take place hopefully within a month or two. :thumbs: )

I feel your pain bruddah. I had the all-time largest size cap in the cap/gown measurements for graduation. I'm a Resistol man myself and fortunately have the factory that I can go directly to.

Raf, those are some very nice hats you have.
Thanks, those ones are about 9 years old (1998), before those I had 2 more that I had since 1987. They are great hats. Specially my daily wear.
Much to my frustration I can't find a thing about Victor Hats online. I'm defiantely going to talk to a couple of my Puerto Rican friends and see if they or any of their family know anywhere local that might sell them.
When you talk to them described the hats that the "Pleneros" wear or the "Plena Music Hats". I'll post some more on this later on.

Raf

Those are some nice hats, but the largest size they come in is 7 3/4. I can wear one that size but it is very tight, I'm looking a bit larger.

Darrell very nice hat, I'm still researching the Victor Hats for you.

Raf

Thanks I really appreciate it. Those hat pics. you posted were very nice, ff I can find one I would love to get a Victor Hat.

I second the vote for Tilley. I love mine, and it fits my humongous head. I'm in the same boat as you, either a 7 7/8 or 8, depending.

Back