• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Haven't smoked a cigar since Monday and im p!ssed!

Franco593

I'm running a half marathon Sunday at 8:30 am. So I smoked my last cigar Monday night. Of course its been beautiful in upstate where I live all this week....great fall smoking weather.. But I pulled the plug until after I run this race.

But I have 2 nice smokes to look forward to after I run.

Padron 1964 anni and Opus X #4...

So think of me boys while your lighting up between now and then...and smoke one for ole Franco..

And somebody make a nice ALL day drink suggestion...as the TV will be out on the deck with me and my cigars watching football after I torture myself for over 2 hours...

Good luck in the marathon Franco...I too am a NY upstater, what marathon are you running in?

Tonight ill enjoy a Gran Habano #5 on your behalf. :cool:

Good luck in the marathon Franco...I too am a NY upstater, what marathon are you running in?

I'm running the Marine Corp Reserve Half Marathon in Albany ...

That's ok. I smoke 2 cigars a day, morning and evening. The morning one I will smoke for you.

I'm curious. I assume you do NOT inhale cigar smoke. If this is the case, why do you think it affects your stamina?

Brian

That's ok. I smoke 2 cigars a day, morning and evening. The morning one I will smoke for you.

I'm curious. I assume you do NOT inhale cigar smoke. If this is the case, why do you think it affects your stamina?

Brian

I don't inhale...it 's more of a mental Preparation issue for me. No Booze/Cigars...hydrate the hell out of myself etc.

It's funny Brian...last friday night I had a "few" Cocktails and 2 sticks on the back deck. Saturday morning went out and ran 10 miles and felt pretty good. Also , pulling the plug once in a while makes them all the sweeter to me when I do endulge.

And being one of the resident experts around here...any good suggestions for what should be in my glass with the 2 cigars listed above?

I'm running the Marine Corp Reserve Half Marathon in Albany ...

My home town :D ...good luck brother maybe sometime we could catch a smoke in Scotty's lounge.

I highly recommend Blanton's bourbon or Balvenie Scotch. Both are real good. Good luck with your marathon.

Brian

I don't inhale...it 's more of a mental Preparation issue for me. No Booze/Cigars...hydrate the hell out of myself etc.

It's funny Brian...last friday night I had a "few" Cocktails and 2 sticks on the back deck. Saturday morning went out and ran 10 miles and felt pretty good. Also , pulling the plug once in a while makes them all the sweeter to me when I do endulge.

And being one of the resident experts around here...any good suggestions for what should be in my glass with the 2 cigars listed above?

I know nothing about booze. I can go 6 months and not have a beer or a glass of wine.

Brian

I limit myself to just weekends for cigars and usually at most 2. However work was kicking my ass this week so last night I relaxed on the back deck with a sangria slush and a padron 2000...amazing how well that bled off so much steam.

I usually enjoy my smoke with coffee, wine (usually red) and occasionally a nice beer. Carbonated drinks tend to bite at my tongue with cigars though.

Don't forget women. In the immortal words of Mickey Goldmil, "Women weaken legs".

Doc.

This thread cracks me up. The secret is train while smoking a cigar and run the race also smoking. It's muscle memory or something. :whistling:
Good luck in your marathon and I will light one up for you.