• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Having to stomach more 72 Dolphins diatribe

yanksfan

Thanks New England. Because you get punk'd by the Giant defense, we all have to endure
yet more Mercury Morris and company idiotic statements about the 72 Dolphins being the best ever. (eg. "Theres only one citizen of perfect town and that's me".)
Uggggghhhh.

Yeah, I'm fed up with it as well. I was hoping NE would put an end to that.

I welcome that fool after hearing ESPN argue for 10 weeks whether the Patriots were the best of all time, basically crowning them after SD beat the Colts. I'm beginning to hate the hype machine. I haven't watched a full Sportscenter in years and most of their programming is just guys yelling to cover up little knowledge. It's just like when they talked about USC was the greatest college team of all time, right before Vince Young tore them apart. But at least Morris will just have another 15 minutes of fame, and then once the media moves off this game he will fade away again.

Yeah the Dolphins fans actually believe they were the best team ever even though when the discussion is had about who the "best team ever" was the 72 Dolphins are not even mentioned. But............I suppose if we were Dolphin fans we would believe the hype too.

Everybody know the 78 Steelers were the best ever, probably followed by the 79 Steelers and the 75 Steelers ;)

You two are spot on. I tried to explain to all of my friends that hating Tom Brady runs a distant second to having to put up with the Miami Dolphin "we were the greatest team ever and our spotless record proves it" mantra. The worst is Nick Buoniconti... really, I don't like the guy....

And even Larry Little said something to the effect, if NE wins they can join us on the mountaintop -- but we'll be #1....

Ughhh.....

Since the whole season just blew past me... no horse in the race so to speak since I'm an Eagles fan.

I found the 72 Dolphins commercials funny as hell.

I do believe you have to give the '72 team their props. Going undefeated in any era is quite an accomplishment. But they almost seem bitter about it. Eh, maybe it's just me.

But the 72 dolphins aren't really talked about... until this year. Had the Pats gone 19-0, we would have been hearing this "dynasty" garbage for at least two more full seasons, I had had enough after about week 11, when people were calling a Patriots win in the superbowl.

There is no end to my joy that the Giants won.

This is very easy......what is the one team to have gone an ENTIRE season without losing? The '72 'fins and that is it.........best team ever, period. Of course they weren't the most talented and would have probably been beaten by many other teams from many other eras, but give it a rest....there is no logical argument that you can make to not call them the best team ever.

Can you imagine how much shit we would be hearing now, if they had gone 19-0?

This is very easy......what is the one team to have gone an ENTIRE season without losing? The '72 'fins and that is it.........best team ever, period. Of course they weren't the most talented and would have probably been beaten by many other teams from many other eras, but give it a rest....there is no logical argument that you can make to not call them the best team ever.

There is no logical argument that they had the best season ever, there are logical arguments that they aren't the best team ever. However it is a fruitless debate and impossible to determine. Best season, unarguably. Best team? I'm not so sure.

Since a teams' standing is determined by Ws & Ls then by default the '72 Fins are the best. Now can a arguement be made that other teams from other eras are better... well the '07 Pats CAN'T play the '72 Fins and that is that, woulda, coulda, shoulda, Giants won on this "Given Sunday." Morris was a great player no matter how you slice it.
I didn't have a dog in this fight but I was happy to see Eli win, he comes from a good family, and I like that Junior Seau was thwarted again! Not so happy another NY team wins another championship but the are due the respect :cool: . AND it's not like Brady doesn't get to go home to The Gisella! :blush:

It's impossible to compare teams of different eras. The athletes have changed, the game has changed.

Best team ever? Who gives a damn. Best team right now is all that really matters.