• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

HdM Double Coronas

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
I was rearranging the humidor today and thought about a cigar that I haven't heard much about lately. I seem to remember about 10 years ago the HdM DC was THE cigar to get...if you could. Always rated very high and tough to find. Has anyone had one lately or seen a rating? I suppose with the EL's of all different brands this is not the high flyer it was....once upon a time.

Had one about a month ago. It was good but man oh man was it sweet. It was like back in the day when we used to split Phillies Blunts, pack them w/ our "special blend," and use honey to slobber them back together.

Oh, did I just type that. Oops.

All-in-all a nice, long smoke if you like sweetnes. Not my sack of nuts though.

Yeah cA use to rave about them. I've had a few but I can think of at least five DC's off the top of my head I prefer over HdM's like:
San Cristobal de la Habana El Morro
Saint Luis Rey Double Corona
Ramon Allones Gigantes
Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro
Punch Double Coronas

Got some 94's from a Christies Auction, man are they gooooood!

Just ordered a box of 98's.

I love them!!! :love:

great cigar with 2 years age on them imo, anymore and they can go blandish. I have a 97 i am gonna ignite shortly

but as for DC's, there are better

SLR, Punch and VR are my fav's

Just got an 84' in a pass that I'm saving for a bit. Maybe the age will mellow the sweetness a bit.

DaveC said:
great cigar with 2 years age on them imo, anymore and they can go blandish. I have a 97 i am gonna ignite shortly

What about the Cohiba DC EL, Dave? :thumbs:

SMOKOZUNA said:
DaveC said:

Have some coming w/ in a month. Will let you know. NOT a cheap smoke, that's for sure.

Tony Bones said:
SMOKOZUNA said:
DaveC said:
great cigar with 2 years age on them imo, anymore and they can go blandish.  I have a 97 i am gonna ignite shortly

Have some coming w/ in a month. Will let you know. NOT a cheap smoke, that's for sure.
No need to report Tonybones. You're in for a treat. I'm on my last box. ;)

I like these a lot. But to really enjoy them, they need have some age on them. A minimum of is godd 7 years is better.

:thumbs:

I've had a few '02's and they were pretty good. I've still got a few left aging. Definitely get better with time (as most Cuban cigars). I also am picking up a box of '04's and will report on status.