• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

HdM Governor

Guitar_Gatler

The Dude
Cigar: Hoyo De Monterrey Governor(Maduro)
Size: 6x50

Well, these things are actually pretty good cigars. They have a lot of problems with construction but that's alright. I had originally bought a 5'er from JR's just to give them a try and 4 out of the 5 cigars had pretty major problems with wanting to come unraveled, and the caps just didn't want to stay on. That's my biggest gripe about these cigars. If they didn't have that against them they'd be one of my favorite "Waste an hour" cigars.

Pre-Light
It seemed pretty consistent that the prelight draw on these was very nice. I didn't get any that were tight or plugged. I immediately was met with sweet flavors of tobbacco and dark chocolate. I've seen a few people that walk around all day with an unlit cigar in their mouth and I always wondered what the heck they were doing, but this cigar really makes you want to chew on it all day, it's just that sweet.

First Few Inches
The first few inches on this stick are almost exactly like the pre-light draw. Tons of sweetness with hints of chocolate, coffee, leather and a little bit of nuttyness. It stays pretty consistent throughout the whole cigar but really starts off strong with these flavors, after the first third of this cigar they start to mellow out and fade into the background.

Around the Middle
At about midway this thing changes slightly and starts focusing on leather. It takes on a nice refreshing flavor and almost reminded me of leather that had been marinated in coffee. It started to get a little harsh towards the last few inches, but still maintained it's initial sweetness.

The End
Towards the end, especially in the last inch and a half, this thing started to get a bit harsh. The flavors all melted together and pretty much all that was left was a bland harshness that made me want to give up on it. This was consistent through all five of the cigars I smoked. The last one I smoked was in the humi for 2 months and it still didn't seem to help any, maybe if I had only left it for longer. If it weren't for the construction problems and the anti-climactic ending this would be one heck of a cigar.

I might buy a few more of these and see what they're like with a little more rest...but overall, I don't think I've found anything special with these. If you're on a budget, I think there are probably better choices for the price range.