• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

HDM smoke

NiteSeer

What a nice smoke and tasty. I have smoked a HDM Epicure #2 and a petit robusto this past weekend and they were keepers. I think I will have to get some more.

I haven't tried the Epicure #2 but I too smoked a petit robusto this weekend. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Now that's what I'd call a coincidence. I smoked both an Epi 2 and a Petit Robusto this weekend. I enjoyed them both very much. I hate to say it, but the PR format (including the sister stick, the Monte Petit Edmundos) have really grown on me.

I hear Boli is coming out with a PR version as well. :)

Wilkey

Now that's what I'd call a coincidence. I smoked both an Epi 2 and a Petit Robusto this weekend. I enjoyed them both very much. I hate to say it, but the PR format (including the sister stick, the Monte Petit Edmundos) have really grown on me.

I hear Boli is coming out with a PR version as well. :)

Wilkey

Interesting, we are twinkies. I am thinking about ordering more of the Epi 2. I love a good robusto. Time wise its just about right and its big enough to capture a lot of flavors. :rolleyes:

I must say that HdM makes my most favorite cigars. I've never had one I didn't totally enjoy, both C & NC.

I haven't smoked every brand out there, but of the ones I have, HdM is the only one I can say that about. The double corona in my humi should confirm that statement as it is by far the largest cigar I've ever had in my posession.

I smoked both an Epi 2 and a Petit Robusto this weekend. I enjoyed them both very much.

Wilkey

i enjoy the HDM PR and i'm on the fence for a cab of epi#2.
are the blends same or similar?
looking to purchase freshies.

thanks in advance,
saka

Saka,

I personally find the Epi2 to be stronger, richer. I think it hews more closely to a classical, woody, sweet dry wood and tobacco profile I've associated with HdM. One of the first cabs I bought was a cab of Epi2s almost a dozen years ago. Alas, they're long gone now. :(

Wilkey

Had a fiver from 01 that was just incredible... just confirming the current batch.

Thanks again

I hadn't heard much on the HDM PR but I went out on a limb and bought some a few months back. I couldn't wait and had to have one right away, it had a young grassy taste. It's been a few months now and the 2nd tasted much more refined and flavorful...great cigar.