• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Headed Back to Being a True PUNK Lawyer...

Which cigar should I smoke to celebrate my freedom?

• Forbidden X

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Don Carlos Lancero

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Cohiba Robusto

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Montecristo 2

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Phillies Peach

Votes: 19 23.8%

• Total voters
If you love what you do, you'll never work a day of your life ... Congratulation.

Good luck my friend. I have no doubt for your success.

Congrats on your decision towards happiness and good luck on your new venture.

I agree that this should deserve an "all of the above" smoke

Good Luck to you bro.
Hope you enjoy the peach.. :whistling:

Good luck Stu! What type of law do you practice?

I am curious about this as well. Also, what size firm are you leaving?

Good luck with the solo practice! I'll be taking the CA bar this coming summer . . .

Congratulations on the change, and good luck to you with your new venture! It takes serious guts to leave a well paying job so stick it out on your own. Kudos...

Congratulations, Stu, nothing beats being your own boss!

Good luck with the solo practice! I'll be taking the CA bar this coming summer . . .

Taking the CA bar...boy that sounds like fun! Your social life will be adversely affected by your bar studies. Why does California have the most lawyers and New Jersey the most toxic waste dumps?

I do primarily financial work: business reorganizations, business and personal bankruptcy, bankruptcy litigation (both debtor and creditor), asset management. In other words, people who are in financial trouble or who have businesses in financial trouble wind up calling me. I also do a considerable amount of civil litigation. The firm I am leaving has fifteen or so lawyers. Not a mega firm but around here that is considered mid-size. I will probably hire an associate some time down the road. At optimal level I will have 3 or 4 employees. I am going to start slowly on hiring though.

BY THE WAY...THE WINNER IS THE FORBIDDEN X. FLAME TO TOBACCO SHOULD HAPPEN IN AN HOUR OR SO!

Taking the CA bar...boy that sounds like fun! Your social life will be adversely affected by your bar studies. Why does California have the most lawyers and New Jersey the most toxic waste dumps?

I do primarily financial work: business reorganizations, business and personal bankruptcy, bankruptcy litigation (both debtor and creditor), asset management. In other words, people who are in financial trouble or who have businesses in financial trouble wind up calling me. I also do a considerable amount of civil litigation. The firm I am leaving has fifteen or so lawyers. Not a mega firm but around here that is considered mid-size. I will probably hire an associate some time down the road. At optimal level I will have 3 or 4 employees. I am going to start slowly on hiring though.

BY THE WAY...THE WINNER IS THE FORBIDDEN X. FLAME TO TOBACCO SHOULD HAPPEN IN AN HOUR OR SO!

How was the cigar?

Good on ya Stu.

As someone who left the security of a big firm/steady job and to go off and pave my own path, I totally understand your decision and wish you the best.

Interesting...I work in corporate restructuring on the financial advisor side. Like you, I work on both sides - debtor and creditor.

Nice choice, and I hope it marks the cornerstone of your success.

Best of luck to you. As they say, there are too many lawyers, but never enough good ones.

Cparker