• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Headed to Colorado...

Set-In-Stone

The Dude Abides
 Finally taking my travels to the west ! I have been up and down the east coast, and have visited Texas a few times, but never made it out west. I am extremely excited to see what great views Colorado has to offer, as well as catching up with some old friends from NY that have started roots there within the past 6 yrs.

One friend of mine who I met at college years ago has recently moved out there from NYC for her job. She has been in Denver for the past few months and is slowly adjusting. Desperately wanting some company from home, she offered me to come and visit...so who am I to refuse? Booked my flight the next day and in two weeks (Jan.28th) I will be landing in Denver!

Since she is still so fresh to the area, I was wondering if anyone from CO. had some good spots for some food/craft beers in the Denver area (DenverTechCenter, Downtown Denver, Highlands)? Really into the craft beers and bar food so I don't think there will be much "fine dining" going on with this trip, however, I'm staying open minded. I heard that Colorado is the "Nappa Valley of craft beer" - and with that rep. I'm sure you could get lost with the endless bar scene. I am a huge fan of Breckenridge Vanilla Porter and their Oatmeal Stout so I am almost sure that brewery will be visited, but other than that, no direction. I wonder where the "locals" go to have a good time? Any insight on some brew pubs or restaurants greatly helps. 

CMontoya79 said:
Renegade brewery is a hot newer brewery. <br /><br />C
<br /><br />They have some hardcore beers for sure. OMG the triple IPA!

Beautiful state... Red Rocks Amphitheater is amazing, I would definitely check to see if a band you like will be playing there. Even if not the park its in is beautiful. Have a good trip!

Loved my time in Colorado.  Worked at Crested Butte, beautiful state/area.  

Mountain Sun in boulder is a amazing micro brewery. I think they recently opened up a pub in Denver

I'll second Mountain Sun.  It was a great place to stop in downtown.  Plenty of other places nearby to visit, or just people watch.  I really like Oskar Blue's.  I would try to hit them up if near Lyons or Longmont.  My sister is in Fort Collins.  Plenty of brewers up there to visit.  It is an hour north of Denver though.

Well if your talking Boulder, you can also look at Upslope. They have two locations and brew my favorite beer in Colorado.

Thanks guys for all the friendly advice... I will do my best to check out some of the places you mentioned. Sounds like you all have some great spots to check out. With just four days left until my arrival, my taste-buds are getting excited to try some craft beers.

Oh, and I will make sure there are plenty of Doritos, and the like. Just have to remember not to feed it to any horses. They could be diabetic. 
02_12_2008_pizzapizza.jpg

ncast2523 said:
Beautiful state... Red Rocks Amphitheater is amazing, I would definitely check to see if a band you like will be playing there. Even if not the park its in is beautiful. Have a good trip!

My buddy Mike W., is a sound engineer and works with three main venues in CO.... Red Rocks is one of the three. He is not a 'Native', but from upstate NY, however he has been in Denver for the past 8 yrs. doing it out there and loves it. Says it's "my kind of place". Red Rocks will definitely on the list of places to check out....

*ETA spelling