• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Headed to Key Largo tonight - New Pics 8/2/07

jgohlke

My other hobby
Edit: Pictures added at end of thread...

I did some searching on CP and found some info on the Island Smoke Shop (thanks Miamicubano!). I've already printed out the map to it. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend with my son...doing a little diving, smoking a few cigars, having a few beers and NOT DOING ANY CHORES!

It's been a little nuts lately...on top of my full-time job, I've been working 2 part-time jobs...nights, weekends and even the 4th of July Holiday. I'm taking this weekend off!

That sounds like fun! I haven't been wet in almost 4 years, what a shame.

Enjoy your time.

Ken

I live the Keys! Have a blast and smoke some good ones!

Have fun, the last time I was down there was about 10 years ago. Might have to get together when I get back to Ft. Myers. Orlando rocks.

Oh man I love the Keys, my family goes down to Key West every Christmas. I don’t know if you have ever been to the Ocean Reef Club, but you should go check it out. That is where we go, they have the most beautiful yachts there. You are going to have a blast, we definitely want pics!! Have a safe trip. The reefs down there are amazing. :thumbs:

Let me know where and when you'll be down. I'll be at my place in Key Largo for a lil' bit this weekend before taking off out West for a while. So, if it can be managed, we can arrange a mini-HERF and I'll take you guys out on my 40'er I keep there for some deep-sea line fishing and, if you've done it before, some spear-fishing. :thumbs: Whatever you catch, you clean. :laugh:

If not...well, enjoy your time here brother and stay safe.

Have a great time Joe as we all know you deserve it. As Anthony said, take plenty of pics and post em' so we can see....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Enjoy, bro. Let us know if there is any good live music down there. Jazz in particular. Be safe. :cool:

We arrived in Key Largo late Thursday night and were up early Friday morning for our first dive. My son and I each bought the 3-trip deal from Horizon Divers (Fri morn, Sat morn, Sat night). Here's the boat at the dock just before we left Friday morning.
standard.jpg

Here's my son Ben getting his gear ready.
standard.jpg

We had 2 great dives on French Reef and caught a squall coming back in....apparently, it rained pretty good on shore while were out...the parking lot was dry when we parked just 3 hours earlier....
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

We grabbed a sandwich at the hotel and then set out for some shopping. First stop:
standard.jpg

We shopped, I talked with Bill and bought a few cigars.

Then we walked around the marina some. I think this is the real deal...after looking at it closely, I'm not sure I would go out on a cruise....
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Saturday morning we're back up early and on the boat for our 2nd dive trip.

standard.jpg

Here we are, father and son dive team.
standard.jpg

The Horizon crew bring us out to Molasses Reef.

Geared up and ready to go.
standard.jpg

Here I go:
standard.jpg

Here goes Ben:
standard.jpg

Here we are in the water and ready to dive.
standard.jpg

We had a great couple of dives and just hanging out now, waiting for our first night dive. It's a wreck dive, the Benwood. Should be fun....

Sounds fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

Right on!!! I am truly envious. Glad you had a great time and thanks for the pics.

Hey Joe! Looks like a good time. Stay away from the Green Parrot bar. You will not see any women there. :laugh:

Great pics Joe, I like your first stop shopping wise........ :D :thumbs: :p

Joe, the pics are amazing. I would love to be Scuba certified and do a dive. That wreck dive sounds particularly fun. Glad to see you spending quality time with the family too.

God that looks like fun. I haven't been Scuba diving in over 3 months just about and it's buggin the crap out of me. Lol. I've got my Advanced Open Water cert as well as my Nitrox, but there is basically no worthy Scuba diving in the Gulf. :( Hopefully I'll get my fix before we get back to Pearl. I'm just itching to go. Glad you guys had a great trip man!