• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Headed to LA... Cigar Lounge?

jsm11

Secret Squirrel
I'm headed to LA next week to complete some work...

If someone local or in the know could recommend a Cigar Lounge in the area, it would be greatly appreicated....

Something I try to do, everywhere I travel is hit the local hot-spot lounge...

Thanks in Advance!

JSM

It's in the valley, but if you're going to be in area on the 14th, come on by to Shamlux.  They do a Taco Tuesday every second Tuesday of the month.  I think it starts around 5pm and ends around 8pm.  Buy $10 worth of cigars and it's all you can eat tacos.  Good food, great crowd, nice selection.  Perhaps my favorite lounge in the area.  If you're looking for a lounge around Hollywood/Downtown area, afraid I can't help you there.

Edit:  Here's their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ShamLux They also have a site, but don't really update it.

Shamlux is the only shop I have a locker at. Tell Rick and or Bobby that you know me. They will most likely bust your balls.

Funny. I will be in LA this week and in the Frederick area and DC in two weeks

Going to be in Buena Park... :thumbs:

maverickmage said:
It's in the valley, but if you're going to be in area on the 14th, come on by to Shamlux.  They do a Taco Tuesday every second Tuesday of the month.  I think it starts around 5pm and ends around 8pm.  Buy $10 worth of cigars and it's all you can eat tacos.  Good food, great crowd, nice selection.  Perhaps my favorite lounge in the area.  If you're looking for a lounge around Hollywood/Downtown area, afraid I can't help you there.

Edit:  Here's their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ShamLux They also have a site, but don't really update it.

What's in the "valley"

LOL, despite groing up in Vegas, I know little about Cali...

The Big Easy on Ventura Blvd.  is a real "easy" place.   Nice relaxed lounge and good stock.  Parking outside or nearby.
http://www.bigeasycigars.com/

Cigar Sanctuary on Lankershim (Toluca Lake) is also a fave.  They have a fantastic range of well priced cigars.  The lounge in the back is just ok - but if there is a seat out front, grab a coffee from Coffee Bean across the road.  Friendly crowd.
http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/cigar-sanctuary-north-hollywood

Cuban Seed on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood is another go-to place for me.  It's a very intimate store with only a handful of seats but generally convivial - you could do worse than trying their own brand of cigar but otherwise a good selection ... sit here and watch the street traffic pass, as it's right near the Viper Room and Whisky A-gogo.
https://thecubanseed.com/

Hope this helps!

jsm11 said:
Going to be in Buena Park... :thumbs:

What's in the "valley"

LOL, despite groing up in Vegas, I know little about Cali...

I'll admit, not a whole lot to do here at San Fernando Valley.  Mainly suburbia.  Might be a bit longer drive than you would prefer just to smoke cigars if you're going to be staying at Buena Park though...

CigarMan Andy said:
Shamlux is the only shop I have a locker at. Tell Rick and or Bobby that you know me. They will most likely bust your balls.

maverickmage said:

CigarMan Andy said:

I moved to the Chatsworth area (previously in NoHo/Studio City area) and stopped by Shamlux once to check the place out.  I dig it.  Is there a usual day/time you guys go there?  I'd like to meet up sometime.  I'd like to go to the Taco Tuesday but I'm dealing with back/hip problems currently and can't spend much time standing/walking around.

Allow me to add:

XO CIgars in Woodland Hills (Bob is great + selection is well priced).

The Black Cloud said:

maverickmage said:

CigarMan Andy said:

I moved to the Chatsworth area (previously in NoHo/Studio City area) and stopped by Shamlux once to check the place out.  I dig it.  Is there a usual day/time you guys go there?  I'd like to meet up sometime.  I'd like to go to the Taco Tuesday but I'm dealing with back/hip problems currently and can't spend much time standing/walking around.

I used to be there regularly on Fridays and most Taco Tuesdays.  Not so much lately after my work schedule has changed.  If you want to go during Taco Tues and not stand around, I advise that you may want to come earlier and grab one of the sofas in there before it gets too crowded.  I might be there this coming Taco Tuesday with my brother though.  If you happen to show up and see two (somewhat) young asian guys smoking cigars, one of them's probably me lol.  

Danforz said:
Allow me to add:

XO is pretty nice too although I did have one unpleasant experience.  They have an awesome outdoor patio in the back.  I haven't been there for most of summer since it's been too hot for it though.

maverickmage said:

maverickmage said:

CigarMan Andy said:

I used to be there regularly on Fridays and most Taco Tuesdays.  Not so much lately after my work schedule has changed.  If you want to go during Taco Tues and not stand around, I advise that you may want to come earlier and grab one of the sofas in there before it gets too crowded.  I might be there this coming Taco Tuesday with my brother though.  If you happen to show up and see two (somewhat) young asian guys smoking cigars, one of them's probably me lol.  

Danforz said:
Allow me to add:

XO is pretty nice too although I did have one unpleasant experience.  They have an awesome outdoor patio in the back.  I haven't been there for most of summer since it's been too hot for it though.

Yes, I would just stick to the lounge. The outside is nice, but rarely used. 

Just as an update, it seems like Shamlux pushed their Taco Tuesday to the third week this month.  Didn't want people to show up and be disappointed. 

The Black Cloud said:

maverickmage said:

Edit:  Here's their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ShamLux They also have a site, but don't really update it.

CigarMan Andy said:

I have my locker there so I try to get there often. May be there around Nov 7th. I have a lot of traveling to do at the moment, but I will pm you and we can exchange numbers and I will let you know.

Danforz said:
Allow me to add:

Funny! Your picture looks like Scott Baio and he hangs out there almost every day... lol

Headed out and I've got to say, what a shithole...
LAX is the most dilapidated airport in memory...

Graffiti and gang tagging everywhere....

LA sucks...

I still got love for NorCal though...

And never got freed up to smoke