• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heading to Orlando, FL for a a few days. Where to go?

Brickhouse

J.C. Newman owes me royalties.
Looks like I'm heading to Orlando next week, Mon-Fri for some work things. 

I've never been except for the Disney trip with the kids years ago.  Any recommendations on some spots I need to hit for a cigar, drink, or seafood?

Well I can personally speak for the cigar part.
Corona Cigar Company
Coronacigar.com
Has three locations ...downtown Orlando one is largest and incredible. Full, and I mean full bar and great atmosphere.
The Sand Lake location is smaller but much easier to access during Orlando traffic (which is all day thanks to major construction and tourist ). Bar @Sand Lake can't compare to Downtown location but very nice none the less.

There are other cigar bars but they are "touristy" in selection and pricing. Cigarz at City Walk (Universal's retail/food/nightlife complex) and Sosa Cigars at Downtown Disney. Both convenient if your hitting those areas anyway.
My bet is Corona personally. Also Jeff the owner of Corona is very active in cigar advocate groups, Cigar Rights of America, fighting for our right to enjoy cigars so I feel good supporting his fine establishments.
Have a great time during your stay down here.

Orlando's a very big, spread out city.  Depending on where you're at, the Corona location over in Heathrow might be a better bet, and it's surrounded by several very good restaurants.  When I'm down there (including next week starting Friday) I'm on the Sanford side of Orlando and spend quite a bit of time there.

It looks like I'm at the Caribe Royale, on the Southwest side of Orlando. 

I did see Corona Cigar and it looked great.  Glad to hear good feedback on it.  I also see it appears Pete Johnson will be there next Friday.  Maybe I'll attend that event before flying out on Saturday morning.

The Corona on West Sand Lake Road is cool too. We usually hit up Ruth's Chris (right up the street) for a steak and then head over there for a few beers while smoking a cigar either at the bar or outside. 

bucfan444 said:

There are other cigar bars but they are "touristy" in selection and pricing. Cigarz at City Walk (Universal's retail/food/nightlife complex) and Sosa Cigars at Downtown Disney. Both convenient if your hitting those areas anyway.

Cigarz is a tiny little place with a some atmosphere...a lot of Fuente stuff in the humidor. But you can enjoy a drink and a smoke while at Universal. The Sosa location is cool too...is it still there? I had them roll a box of torpedoes for me, right there on the premises, years ago when my kids were small. 

I've stayed at that same place a few times for conventions.
The Sand Lake location is definitely closer. Approximately 20 minutes away.
The Downtown location will take some patience to get to from hotel. I was just in Orlando two weekends ago and the traffic is worse than ever around I-4 and the major roads.

Cigarz is a tiny little place with a some atmosphere...a lot of Fuente stuff in the humidor. But you can enjoy a drink and a smoke while at Universal. The Sosa location is cool too...is it still there? I had them roll a box of torpedoes for me, right there on the premises, years ago when my kids were small.

Sosa's actually rebuilt completely when they renovated the "Pleasure Island" side of Downtown Disney. They moved into their own free standing location instead of the small retail shop they had.

Great to know! I will be in Orlando as well in April. And had planned to go to Corona. Looks like a great place to visit.

I enjoyed the time spent at corona cigar as well. Nice place!