• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heading to Tampa / Ybor City

broblues

planning and plotting
Do any of the BOTL's here have any recommendations as to where to get a great stick while in the area. I know Oliva's headquarters is there but do they have "fresh" cigars? Are there any good rollers still in the area. Any knowledge will help. Really want to experience this place. Thanks

Hey man! Ill PM you my phone number and we can get together. Im in Ybor 3 days a week.

I know there are Ybor rolled cigars in the Columbias gift shop. The Columbia is an amazing place to eat first off. I havent had these cigars before, but Id try one with ya! Also there are Ybor rolled cigars at King Corona nearby. Those were not bad, very cheap, not bad at all.

Then here is the Arturo Fuente shop, Tampa Sweethearts. I hang there all the time. Youll love them there. They carry all Fuente Products as well as their Ybor City cigars, wide variety in nat,mad and SG. Very good. I smoke a lot of the belicoso sungrowns. If you go in, Josh would be glad to explain their Ybor cigars to you and show you around the old factory that is now their shop.

That is my experience thus far with Ybor city made cigars. Hope that helps!

This was been discussed...a whole lot!

...including restaurants.

As for rollers...a few shops have local in-house rollers...nothing fancy, but give one a try.

FatKen and I had a great time when I went down there at King Corona I believe. Nice outdoor patio to smoke on and people watch. Can't wait to get back down there!

FatKen and I had a great time when I went down there at King Corona I believe. Nice outdoor patio to smoke on and people watch. Can't wait to get back down there!

Yes we did. Wish I were back there at times.

If you are not in Ybor City, try giving Tampa Humidors a try, great lounge to have a drink, excellent selection and prices are close to MSRP.

Ken

Hey bro, make a date with Jack. I did and we had a blast at Tampa Sweetheart. When you go there, bring cash only, else you and your credit card are in deep do-do. When I was there, they still had (1) BBMF in stock. Oh yeah, bring a hankie to wipe the drool off you puss. :D

I took the Missus and children to Florida in February and wanted to drop some money on some cigars since I knew damn well she would be spending on clothes and material and other ungodly stuff.

I found a place in Palm Harbor (North of Clearwater area, west of Tampa). Great store.

Check out MJM Fine Cigars and Tobacco. The whole store is a humidor and the owner (Michael) has a huge selection.

31816 US Highway 19 North.

www.mjmfinecigars.com

Enjoy your trip.

Thanks guys, I'll be there soon. I will take all of you up on your recommendations. :cool:

Hey bro, make a date with Jack. I did and we had a blast at Tampa Sweetheart. When you go there, bring cash only, else you and your credit card are in deep do-do. When I was there, they still had (1) BBMF in stock. Oh yeah, bring a hankie to wipe the drool off you puss. :D

Do what this man says :p

Ybor is great. I was born and raised in Tampa right by cigar factory from the 20's, and spent countless days in Ybor, ate at just about every place on the strip and smoked cigars from all the B&M's. You really dont need a road map. Just a nice day, and some walking shoes. Yes, bring cash as a CC can get you in trouble. Im active duty Army now, and Ive been all over the world in the last 14 years. I can tell you, I still havent found a place quite like Ybor. Every time Im home, I make it a point to cruse the strip with the family and have lunch and a smoke. Carmines has great Cuban sandwiches and incredible Devil Crabs. Shrimp and Co (A newer establishment) has great po boys. If your looking for finer dining, its all over Ybor as well. Dont forget to visit the Columbia.

What can you say? Back from Ybor City. Herfed With Jack. Very nice young man. Met Arturo Fuente, and his extremely nice family. Bought too many cigars during my 2 visits to his shop (Tampa Sweethearts). Saw the Rays win a game (My nephew Elliot Johnson plays for them). All in all, a very good vacation. Now back to the grind. As always, it's nice to be home. :)