• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hearfelt beads-- Puck, tube, or loose?

CigarJim

Banned
Im having a hell of a time deciding on coolidor vs humidor...

If I go coolidor its gonna be loose beads, definitely.

But If I go the humi route, Im looking to get a 75-100 ct...

Should I get the puck with the beads in it, or the tube with the beads in it?

Does it matter? Will they both do the same job?

I have a 200 to 300 count Millennium Humidor. I also have a 3k stick humidor with the Avallo Accumonitor in it/ Finally a 150 qt Cooler that I am using. If I was you, just invest in a Cooler. Its cheaper and in time, you will get sucked into this hobby and it will be too late. You bought to small of a humidor. The general rule...bigger is better when it comes to cigars. Especially when you get to smoke cigars that have some nice age on them. You will be thankful for having the extra room.

I use the beads in the Cooler and its perfect. I only have 2 boxes in there that is Spanish Cedar. Well...other than my CFCF coffins. LOL!!!

It all comes down to personal preference really because any of those options will work. However the more surface area that the beads are exposed to, the more efficient they will be. I use the tubes myself though.

Right on, thanks for the replies, now just to figure out what the heck to store my smokes in!

I want to get a cooler, but Im only gonna have like 10 cigars to start out with.... Cooler might be overkill for the time being at least :)

Right on, thanks for the replies, now just to figure out what the heck to store my smokes in!

I want to get a cooler, but Im only gonna have like 10 cigars to start out with.... Cooler might be overkill for the time being at least :)

Read thru the forums, then ask the question.

You must be in my age group or older if you used that saying. :D

Wanna know what a little 10-ct cooler is called here?

Tupperware!

When I first considered a cooler I thought it would be overkill as well since I only had two boxes of cigars to put in. I went looking around my house and found a personal cooler, similar to this one. When i outgrew it I got a big one.

When I first considered a cooler I thought it would be overkill as well since I only had two boxes of cigars to put in. I went looking around my house and found a personal cooler, similar to this one. When i outgrew it I got a big one.
Initially, I just used the igloo I already had for the beach - like 20 qt. I now use it for pipe tobacco.

As far as beads go, I like the bags and put loose beads in them but it really doesn't matter.

Always buy more beads than you "need". More beads reduces maintenance intervals, reduces recovery time, and increases overall stability.

Get half a pound of loose beads and a nylon sock to put them in......:thumbs:

Always buy more beads than you "need". More beads reduces maintenance intervals, reduces recovery time, and increases overall stability.

I use those free 'peds' that they give ladies to use to try on shoes...if it's for free, it's for me!

PM bfreebern for nylon stockings. He's got special deals on once worn with runs. Seems he doesn't file his nails.

Doc.

Im having a hell of a time deciding on coolidor vs humidor...

If I go coolidor its gonna be loose beads, definitely.

But If I go the humi route, Im looking to get a 75-100 ct...

Should I get the puck with the beads in it, or the tube with the beads in it?

Does it matter? Will they both do the same job?
I started with a tube....seemed like bits of the beads would fall out into my humidor and they were a pain to hydrate.. I now just have them in a small bowl.

buy a puck or tube for the humi, and a bag of beads. They will all do the same thing. Whatever storage option you decide to buy, realize you will want/need the other storage option later and you will have extra beads already. At least that is what I wish I did.

PM bfreebern for nylon stockings. He's got special deals on once worn with runs. Seems he doesn't file his nails.

Doc.

That was the case Doc.

Now he has Jay-Z hold them:

jayz-beads.jpg

...don't ask about the football! ???

If you see bits of beads it is possible that you hydrated them too rapidly causing the beads to crack and break apart. Best to hydrate them with a spray bottle vs. Dunking them in distilled water.

I think im gonna go with the puck but not mount it in the lid that way nothing will "fall" onto my smokes :)

I decided on just getting a small humidor for now.

Im gonna get a 50ct, possibly a 75-100 count. Funds are pretty tight so I wont be able to go nuts on cigar buying anyways.

It says on heartfelts site I can use more than I need. If I get the large puck (1050 cubic inches) for a 700 cubic inch humidor, I think I'll be alright.

Thanks everyone for all the help, really!

Edit... Oh and how long can I expect the puck to last? I didnt see anything on how long they last?

And if I get beads, I can just put them in nylons and throw em in the humi?

I think im gonna go with the puck but not mount it in the lid that way nothing will "fall" onto my smokes :)

I decided on just getting a small humidor for now.

Im gonna get a 50ct, possibly a 75-100 count. Funds are pretty tight so I wont be able to go nuts on cigar buying anyways.

It says on heartfelts site I can use more than I need. If I get the large puck (1050 cubic inches) for a 700 cubic inch humidor, I think I'll be alright.

Thanks everyone for all the help, really!

Edit... Oh and how long can I expect the puck to last? I didnt see anything on how long they last?

And if I get beads, I can just put them in nylons and throw em in the humi?
As far as I know they will pretty much last forever.

Back