• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heartfelt beads

SBellew

Seems that everyone here at CP generally endorses and uses these beads. Does/Has anyone ever bought bulk beads and their empty tubes to offer others the product at a lower price? Seems that 1oz. is plenty for most desktop humidors.

From my calculations, someone could order a 1lb. bulk bag of beads for $28.95 and 15 empty 1oz. tubes for $59.85 (15 @ $3.99 each) and make 15 - 1oz tubes for $88.80 plus shipping. Depending on shipping charged by Heartfelt, this could save $4-$5 per tube.

NOTE: I know 1lb. is 16 oz, this equation leaves room for a bit of snaffu in weights and measures.

Who else would wanna deal with the hassle of payment and shipment issues? Seems to me that if you wanna go the route of humidity beads, you're better off going straight to the source. I could concede your point of saving a nickel, but the vendor(s) are very well regarded within the cigar community and are known for their excellent customer service.

I would have to go with BH here. You would not be saving that much doing this. Besides the fact that the beads are not that much to begin with, and the customer service is great. When I ordered my stuff for the first time I was hoping I would have the stuff by the next week. Two days later my coolerder was operational. Just order what you need and call it that IMHO. The company is well deserving of everyones business.
B

Who else would wanna deal with the hassle of payment and shipment issues? Seems to me that if you wanna go the route of humidity beads, you're better off going straight to the source. I could concede your point of saving a nickel, but the vendor(s) are very well regarded within the cigar community and are known for their excellent customer service.
Good point. Mods, you can lock this one down.

Can't add anything more except to point out that beads are essentially a lifetime investment. They don't wear out, and IMHO are the very best humidity control you can buy. Certainly the least hassle of all the methods. Distilled water is cheap and all you need to maintain them.

Viper (Heartfelt) is a great guy to deal with. All my beads came from this gentlemen. Easy to recommend.

Regards - B.B.S.

x 3 :thumbs:

3-4 lbs for $10 to $15. Search "Kitty Litter" "KLH" and/or "Silica". Sould be able to find enough info on how to save a few dollars. Keep in mind that KLH is for the do it yourselfer and requires attention/time to condition unlike the plug and play beads you can receive from Heartfelt.

I bought a pound of beads when I first got into smoking a couple of years ago. Like you, all I ever used in my desktop was about 1-2 oz of the beads and the rest just stayed in a ziplock bag in a cabinet. Over time I added another desktop....more beads used....then built a coolidor.....more beads used. I still have some left that I have used to help friends who are brand new to smoking just how easy it is to keep a few smokes around and at stable RH.

1 pound of beads has sustained three humidors and helped 4 of my friends join the exciting world of premium cigar smoking.

If you look at it like that, they really don't cost so much.

P.S. instead of getting a tube, I took a couple of glass tubos I had and drilled small holes into the plastic lids. They work great!

just my $.02

Viper is good people, I don't know whs.y anybody would like to steal business from him by doing this. I will gladly pay the extra just to help his business out.

Gee, I think "steal business" is a bit harsh. The person proposed the concept of a bulk purchase group buy effort. The vendor would still receive full payment for their product. I cannot grasp group buy arrangements as theft by any means.

The fact that Hearfelt is a respected vendor has never seemed to be in dispute on any cigar board I peruse. So respected, that group buy purchases to save a nickel or two just do not seem worth the effort when you can deal directly with a quality source.

As far as the kitty litter (silica gel), that's just another debate altogether. One that has been played out ad infinitum on every single cigar board I can think of. The topic at hand in this thread is whether or not there is favorable value in arranging a group buy for Heartfelt humidity beads. Personally, I don't think it is worth the effort. The margin of return would be low and the potential to turn a favorable (effortless) purchase experience into a series of snafus is too daunting.

Viper is good people, I don't know whs.y anybody would like to steal business from him by doing this. I will gladly pay the extra just to help his business out.
Sheesh guys, its not like I am buying a bunch of bulk to repackage and sell on eBay, just trying to help you guys and myself save a few dollars. I will be purchasing a couple of 1oz. tubes from him myself for my humidor this weekend.

viper is a great guy. he is very helpfull and offers a+ customer service.... he can keep the 3 dollers i would save. Loyalty is what sets our forum appart from others

I just recieved my beads from Viper this week. I can't say enough good things about him, his company or the value of the beads he sent me. While I don't think Viper would be hurt or probably even care about a bulk purchase I can't see organizing something like this to save such a small amount of money. SBellow, you will quickly see this board is much more about community than about saving everyone $3.00 at the risk of offending one of most valued members.

SBellew, you will quickly see this board is much more about community than about saving everyone $3.00 at the risk of offending one of most valued members.
Yes, I agree. At the time I posted, I did not realize that Viper was a member here, or I would have never suggested the sale. I would not want to take anything away from a member on the boards. That is why I asked that a mod to lock the topic. That way it would turn up in a search and other new smokers might not make the same mistake that I did.

Gee, I think "steal business" is a bit harsh. The person proposed the concept of a bulk purchase group buy effort. The vendor would still receive full payment for their product. I cannot grasp group buy arrangements as theft by any means.

The fact that Hearfelt is a respected vendor has never seemed to be in dispute on any cigar board I peruse. So respected, that group buy purchases to save a nickel or two just do not seem worth the effort when you can deal directly with a quality source.

As far as the kitty litter (silica gel), that's just another debate altogether. One that has been played out ad infinitum on every single cigar board I can think of. The topic at hand in this thread is whether or not there is favorable value in arranging a group buy for Heartfelt humidity beads. Personally, I don't think it is worth the effort. The margin of return would be low and the potential to turn a favorable (effortless) purchase experience into a series of snafus is too daunting.
Well said, Raymond. I couldn't have put it any better.

In my estimation, whipping up one's own conditioned kitty litter is an approach that suits those who like to DIY. It's for the tinkerer. Doing it for the nominal cost savings alone is a tough sell.

Wilkey