• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heartfelt Humidity Tube

gardkarlsen

Hi

I have bought a humidor and I'm breaking it in at the moment with several packs of Boveda Humidor Seasoning Kit. I have also bought a 2 ounce Heartfelt Humidity Tube that I will use in the humidor. But my question is: can I lay this down horisontally in the humidor or should it be kept upright? Why I'm I asking? Well, if I keep it upright there is no room for the top "shelf" in the himidor. And it I lay it down...will the beads have an effect on the cigars and the wood?

I don't think you'll have any trouble if you lay it down. Plus, it looks like one of your sticks, just blending in.

I lay mine down. For whats its worth I got some extra beads and put them in a nylon stocking and place them on lid in black humidifier as well.

If you leave it vertical, you'll need to bore a hole in your humidor so it'll fit with the lid closed, and provide an air tight enclosure for it of some type.

Or, lay in horizontally. It'll work the same, either way.

You choose...... :p

Have fun - B.B.S.

Thats an interesting questions. I really dont think it matters. Mine is vertical and I have never had any issues.

My tubes are laying down in both my humidors. RH stays right at 65% like it should.

I've had em both ways.
Don't really think it matters.

Do what you have to and MAXIMIZE SPACE my friend.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Now I just have to calibrate my hygrometer to make sure that it gives a correct reading :) I went to the pharmacy yesterday to buy sterile water by the way. It was funny to see that it was cheaper with a liter of this water than for a bottle of drinking water sold at the grocery store. The ladies were a bit surprised when I told them that I was going to use it for a cigar humidor :laugh:

Stand it up or lay it down it does not matter.

Just don't bore a hole in your humi as BBS suggested :D

Hehe...no, I think it will take more than two weeks. Cigars are damn expensive here in Norway so I think that I will first of all buy when I travel out of the country. I don't smoke that much anyway...maybe once a week or once every second week so these will last a while for me :)