• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Heartfelt Industries Cigar Beads: Review - Two Thumbs Up!

jsm11

Secret Squirrel
Pictures to come:

As my interest obsession with Cigars has grown, so has my need to store them in a manner befitting a growing collection.  At the begining of the year I picked up a 120qt cooler to replace the 40qt I rapidly outgrew.  As such, I moved over my boxes, mixed singles, etc. and found myself searching for a source of humidifcation.  I read, read, and inquired and it seemed that Heartfelt Industries had a solid reputation here and beyond.   

I placed an order for two pounds of 65% relative humidity beads, they arrived as described and well within the designated shipping period. 

Currenty using, not a whole hell of a lot, the humidity inside the cooler has been rock solid following the initial setup using just the small amount shown, I leave the rest in the cooler to regulate and absorb moisture if need by. :thumbs:

I've been using the beads for about 6 months now and they're simple enough to use that Forest Gump could figure it out.  Wet the beads, place in container, place in cooler.  If you can't follow that, microwave popocorn might not be for you.

So, newbies.... Buy the beads, don't look back, best investment I've made thus far...

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/default.asp

Same here. Best thing I ever bought.
Using beads in 1 humidor & 1 coolerdore and they wrk great.

I run a full box of bovedas in my wineador. Thinking of buying these because bovedas aren't cheap and don't last for the long haul.

pulse746 said:
I run a full box of bovedas in my wineador. Thinking of buying these because bovedas aren't cheap and don't last for the long haul.
You can recharge Bovedas by isolating them with a plated sponge of distilled water inside a larger tupperware box. Takes a few days usually. If you're recharging a lot of them you may have to wet the sponge several times.

Not that the beads aren't a better idea in the long run, mind you, but I'd hate to waste Bovedas unnecessarily.

I have a mini fridge for my humidor, and I've had Heartfelt beads in there for several years.  I even made small packages of them when I shipped a few fishing coolers' worth of cigars over here internationally last year.  

The secret, though, (which you won't find on the website) is that you have to lick the beads once or twice a year to make sure they still taste "normal".  It's just one of those things you pick up if you dig deep enough into these forums...

I switched to an Oasis for my wineador because I never thought the beads tasted right

jsm11 said:
Pictures to come:

As my interest obsession with Cigars has grown, so has my need to store them in a manner befitting a growing collection.  At the begining of the year I picked up a 120qt cooler to replace the 40qt I rapidly outgrew.  As such, I moved over my boxes, mixed singles, etc. and found myself searching for a source of humidifcation.  I read, read, and inquired and it seemed that Heartfelt Industries had a solid reputation here and beyond.   

I placed an order for two pounds of 65% relative humidity beads, they arrived as described and well within the designated shipping period. 

Currenty using, not a whole hell of a lot, the humidity inside the cooler has been rock solid following the initial setup using just the small amount shown, I leave the rest in the cooler to regulate and absorb moisture if need by. :thumbs:

I've been using the beads for about 6 months now and they're simple enough to use that Forest Gump could figure it out.  Wet the beads, place in container, place in cooler.  If you can't follow that, microwave popocorn might not be for you.

So, newbies.... Buy the beads, don't look back, best investment I've made thus far...

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/default.asp

Howdy!

I was browsing the forum and recognized you from the truck forum.

Thanks for the info on the beads.

kann said:
I have a mini fridge for my humidor, and I've had Heartfelt beads in there for several years.  I even made small packages of them when I shipped a few fishing coolers' worth of cigars over here internationally last year.  

The secret, though, (which you won't find on the website) is that you have to lick the beads once or twice a year to make sure they still taste "normal".  It's just one of those things you pick up if you dig deep enough into these forums...
Are you serious? I have never heard this before.

CBoukal said:
I switched to an Oasis for my wineador because I never thought the beads tasted right
And here you thought I was the only one to have tasted beads!