• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Helix x542

Lumberg

Opus Lover
A couple of guys (Nicko being the most prominent and I believe Lucky Dawg likes 'em too) had recommended Helix to me, so what did I do? I went out and won some on cigarbid. Cos that's what people do.

So anyways I finally got to smoke one today (I was too sick to smoke for about a week and a half) and it was pretty good. This is a petite corona size cigar that has a lightish wrapper that is very smooth and well made. Connecticut shade I believe.

Anyways once I started puffing the cigar was kind of mildly bitter. It got slightly better as it went along. Definitely a smooth and mild cigar, but does that surprise any of you? So anyways it burned exceptionally evenly, produced plenty of smoke, and drew quite well. The construction on Helixes, I have found, is very consistent and good. This is the strong point of Helix because frankly they are bland.

Anyways that's my review, I have about another 20 of them so I'll be smoking plenty, I will keep you updated as to ones I find plugged or different in any way. If you'd like to trade or try one let me know. Like you're going to want any after this sterling review. :lookup:

Got one of the maduro Helix from a BOTL to try. Not bad, a little mild for me though.

I have given the Helix brand more than its fair share of trys. I have had one Maddie that was okay but to mild for me. And as far as the naturals go, I think they down right suck out loud! One of the nats I smoked Tasted like F'n taco seasoning. Took a half bottle of BombBay gin to wash that taste out of me mouth. Then I went home and used the other 2 nats I had to fertalize the strawberry patch. Buy the way, cigar butts are great for your garden after you let them sit a couple of days.

STYX&STONED said:
I have given the Helix brand more than its fair share of trys. I have had one Maddie that was okay but to mild for me. And as far as the naturals go, I think they down right suck out loud! One of the nats I smoked Tasted like F'n taco seasoning. Took a half bottle of BombBay gin to wash that taste out of me mouth. Then I went home and used the other 2 nats I had to fertalize the strawberry patch. Buy the way, cigar butts are great for your garden after you let them sit a couple of days.
When I smoke at home I always throw my butts into my flower box. Little trick I learned from my dad.

havent tried the 542's but I have 550's that I use for handouts to my friends that dont really smoke, and they all love them. Rather have them love them, than have them put out the PAM 64's on the bottom of their shoes because they think they are to strong.

Had my first Helix today, a toro in natural. My wife thought it smelled "really nice".
When I asked her to elaborate, she said: "Like springtime, fresh air, violets."

This is definitely a cigar for the folks around you, not for the smoker. Gertrude Stein once said of America: "But there's no there, there." She could have said the same thing about this smoke. Booooooooooorinnnnnnng!!! A good cigar to give to the non-cigar smoker who "...just wants to try one."

And you won't care if he puts it out on his shoe!!