• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hell Week

xyz123

Obviously you're not a golfer.
I'll need everyone's support this week.. and patience. If I start getting really crabby, bear with me. In a week from this Tuesday, I have to do a complete physical and submit to a urinalysis in order to up my current life insurance policy.

In addition to hard drugs, they test for nicotine. They don't distinguish between cigarette and/or vaping and cigars. They only care if there's nicotine present. My last sticks were last night at my lounge. It's cold turkey until after the test.

Thoughts, prayers, crystals, karma, etc.. whatever your thing is... send it my way stat!!

All I ask from everyone here is simple... please don't post anything cigar-related over the next 9 days.. thanks!

🤔🤣😔😛

What happens if they do a tox on ya after you kick the bucket and there is some vitamin N ? Policy null and void?
I hope you don't have to bad a time jumping through said hoops.

What happens if they do a tox on ya after you kick the bucket and there is some vitamin N ? Policy null and void?

Good question. I think there's some companies who won't insure smokers.. or make them start some kind of smoking cessation program. Mine doesn't prohibit tobacco, it just jacks your premium really high. Still a good question about post-mortem.. let me email my guy.

Got a reply from agent. The only time they request anything post-mortem is if the death was "suspicious". Even then, they'd have to get consent to request any kind of post-mortem medical records. And even then, they're looking for something that would suggest foulplay or something... not if I had a couple cigars!

He said the only real provision for non-payment is if I committed suicide within 12 months of the new policy. So, unless the AI robot is right on top of me and I'm down to just one bullet left.. I'll probably be fine! 🤖 🔪☠️

Got a reply from agent. The only time they request anything post-mortem is if the death was "suspicious". Even then, they'd have to get consent to request any kind of post-mortem medical records. And even then, they're looking for something that would suggest foulplay or something... not if I had a couple cigars!

He said the only real provision for non-payment is if I committed suicide within 12 months of the new policy. So, unless the AI robot is right on top of me and I'm down to just one bullet left.. I'll probably be fine! 🤖 🔪☠️
Am I the only crazy one that read this as “but after 12 months suicide is ok”?

Or maybe I’m just the only one crazy enough to point it out! 🤣

Seriously, I would have thought that at any time that might happen the policy would be null and void?

Dan - look at this week as giving you a rest, from cigars. Just think how great one will be, once you're able to enjoy it again.

What do you have lined up, for after your test?

Dan - look at this week as giving you a rest, from cigars. Just think how great one will be, once you're able to enjoy it again.

What do you have lined up, for after your test?

Nothing.. yet. Only other time I did this was when I bought the original policy years ago. I only went 5 days then.. but I figure my metabolism is slower now and I'm probably 10-15lbs heavier. Been pounding bottles of Powerade Zero..

It's just all so stupid.

Am I the only crazy one that read this as “but after 12 months suicide is ok”?

Or maybe I’m just the only one crazy enough to point it out! 🤣

Seriously, I would have thought that at any time that might happen the policy would be null and void?

I get it's to prevent people who have plans for suicide from buying a policy and then offing themselves. I guess they figure a year is enough time to get help or have your circumstances change.. especially if you have the wherewithal to go through the rigors of buying a policy.. to just kill yourself. That means you have family or someone you want taken care of.. so maybe you'll end up sticking around for them after some time passes.

It is odd to have a timeline.. but like I said, I get it.

The suicide thing did make me wonder if that's the norm or not.. just Googled "does life insurance payout for suicide?" and an article from Forbes came up at top:

So it's got a name and everything, Suicide Clause.. and the average wait is 2 years.

Congratulations. What are you going to smoke?

I had a Kristoff Connecticut Matador (went a little milder for first stick back), and then just finished a Tabernacle Lance. Didn't get pics, was working in the walk-in and only had a box fan.. it's 93° rn.. had work gloves on.. first time on phone in a few hours.

Gotta shower, then pick out a few more sticks for tonight.