• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help a newb stock his humidor.

Kxthor911

Hello all I bought a sorta a large humidor and I would like to stock somewhat all of it because I have read that you do not wanna leave your humi empty. I bought a large sampler from famous-smoke. I will list it in this post. One question I have is do any of the cigars not belong in the humi. I have read that acid cigars should not be put in them, any others? Are 601 blue labels any good? I want to stay with moderately priced cigars but I also wanna try some better ones. Could you also send links on the cigars that you suggest...Thanks in advance Nick. Here is the list that I ordered.

1 601 Red Label Robusto Natural (5 x 50)
1 A.B. Prensado Robusto Natural (5 x 50)
1 Acid Kuba Kuba Natural (5 x 54)
1 Acid Subculture Mantra Natural (5 1/2 x 52)
1 Alec Bradley Sun Grown Robusto Natural (5 x 50)
1 Antano 1970 Gran Consul Dark Natural (4 3/4 x 60)
1 Avo Classic Robusto Natural (5 x 50)
1 CAO Cx2 Rob Natural (5 x 52)
1 CAO Gold Maduro Robusto Maduro (5 x 50)
1 Camacho Triple Mad 50/4.5 Maduro (4 1/2 x 50)
1 Cohiba Robusto Natural (5 x 49)
1 Don Tomas Special Edition #300 Natural (5 x 50)
1 E.P. Carrillo Encantos Natural (4 7/8 x 50)
1 Gurkha Grand Reserve Robusto Natural (6 x 50)
1 Inferno Robusto Dark Natural (5 x 50)
1 Joya Dark Corojo El Martillo Dark Natural (5 1/2 x 54)
1 La Floridita Fuerte Robusto Dark Natural (5 x 50)
1 La Gloria Cubana Wavell Natural (5 x 50)
1 La Gloria Serie R #6 Natural (5 7/8 x 60)
1 Macanudo Cru Royale Toro Natural (6 x 54)
1 Macanudo Maduro Hyde Park Maduro (5 1/2 x 49)
1 Oliva Cain Nub 460 Maduro Maduro (4 x 60)
1 Perdomo 10th Maduro Robusto Maduro (5 x 54)
1 R Y J Reserva Real Toro Natural (6 x 54)
1 Romeo Havoc Magnum Natural (6 x 60)
1 RyJ 1875 Bully Natural (5 x 50)
1 Sancho Panza X-Fuert Barcelona Dark Natural (6 1/2 x 48)
1 Sun Grown RP Robusto Natural (5 1/2 x 50)
1 Torano Signature Robusto Maduro (5 x 52)
1 Vindicator Robusto Natural (5 x 50)

Another cigar I was curious about is the Oliva Master Blends 3.

First of all get the Acids and any other flavored cigars out of you humidor ASAP. Now would be better.

Doc

Nick you have a nice looking sampler there! Like Doc said don't put the Acid cigars in the humidor with your others. I believe those are the only "infused" flavored cigars in that list. However as to you question "...I have is do any of the cigars not belong in the humi. I have read that acid cigars should not be put in them, any others?" All these Cigars belong in a humidor or some sort of container if you don't plan on smoking them in the next few days. You only have a couple Acid's so you can throw those in a ziplock bag with a humidity pack and leave them outside of the humidor. That is what I do with the few I have for a relative. Here is a list of a few I would recommend along with a lot of other members!

Padron 1926 Maduro (higher price)
Padron x000 Series (the 2000 maduro is my favorite and a great price point)
Liga Privada #9 (mid- higher price range)
Four Kicks (mid price range)

Just to name a few!
Enjoy,
Paul

Yeah, Smoke those and review them here and let us know what you think. It has been said many times, "Smoke what you like."

I am a Nicaraguan Tobacco guy myself.

First of all get the Acids and any other flavored cigars out of you humidor ASAP. Now would be better.

Doc

Thank you. I did not put them in there. What other types of cigars are flavored so I do not make a mistake in the future?

It's usually very easy to tell because they will have a very strong aroma of their specific flavor. Besides acids, the other common ones you might run across are the java lines (sold by rocky patel, produced by drew estate) and the cao flavored ones (forget the name).

Flavored cigars should be placed in a sealed plastic container. Even if you have a separate wooden humidor for flavored/infused cigars, the oils over time will seep into the wood.

601 Blues are fantastic cigars IMHO. I smoke them all the time...best of the 601s...again, IMHO. YMMV.

When I started I enjoyed Romeo y Juleata Reserva real robistos, Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve (which I believe are now just Reserve) Robusto, Hoyo de Monterrey Rothschild, Macanudo gold label, Arturo Fuente chateau sun grown, Don Pepin 1979 Cuban classic Robusto, Padron 1964 anniversary maduro torpedo or monarch (toro/corona gorda size, kinda pricey). Always be willing to try new and different things.

Happy smoking!!!

C

You've got an interesting range there, from the very mild like the Macanudos and RyJ Bullies, to much stronger fare like the Antano, Camacho, and E.P. Carillo . . . I would say add some Illusione, Tatuaje, San Cristobal and Fuente (the 858 and Hemingway are good starts) to the list and see what you like best. If you find you like the milder smokes there's a lot of nice things out there . . . if you find you like the asskickers, I can give you a list. :D

~Boar

my uzi weighs a ton baitfish, Asylum, illusion, la flor dominicana double ligero, oliva (only had a serie v so far), my father anything. These are some that are either new to me or old favorites that I have found since I started smoking again last month.
tom

Oh and another real good one I had a couple days ago that impressed the crap out of me from how I remember them, punch rare corojo. I forget the size name, but its the belicoso.

My first humidor was pretty large and I had no clue what to put in it. What I ended up doing was buying a few bundles of cigars just to keep it full that way u don't go and waste all sorts of money buying cigars that didn't taste much different then the bundled ones I got for less than a buck a piece. I assume from your post your new to smoking. If you are, your taste is going to change ALOT. some stuff I loved when I first started I don't like at all anymore. The Padron that a few people recommended to you is IMHO one of the better cigars out there but when I first tried it i didn't like it because it was a little strong, in fact that's how I felt about most of the highly recommended top rated and usually highest priced cigars in the beginning. If you have a good B&M try going there and asking him to recommend some cigars with different flavor profiles, strengths, wrappers and sizes.

Thanks everyone I have added a few cigars so far. I added the samples minus the acids. I also bought a bundle as well. I went ahead and joined holts cigar of the month club and now I have a couple of really good cigars in there. I'm gonna just let them sit until I discover my taste somewhat.

Don't judge a cigar by a single smoke. Most cigars I have smoked improve with age. Enjoy. Compare. Enjoy some more!

Back