• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help me decide

Pick my B-day Smoke

• Total voters

Jeff1101

G21
The first of the month will bring a couple of special events in my life.
1. My son will turn 18 on 11-1.
2. I will turn 40 on 11-5.

I went tru my stash and this is some things that I think are special cigars.

GOF Carlito 2004 (never had one)
WOAM
Johnny O Pigtail
Bolivar Petite Corona
Ashton ESG (never had one and it has a little time under it)
Anejo Sand Shark (never had one and it has a little time under it)
BTL (with about 3 years on it)
Power Ranger
Anejo Shark

So please help me decide. Or if their is somethig I need to purchase let me know. I know someone will say smoke them all but that is out of the question. Two tops on my B-Day will be the max.

IF I had all of these in front of me, and I had a choice, this would be my list:

1. Anejo Sand Shark (never had one and it has a little time under it)
2. GOF Carlito 2004 (never had one)
3. Ashton ESG (never had one and it has a little time under it)
4. Anejo Shark
5. Power Ranger
6. WOAM
7. BTL

...and save the Johnny-O! and Boli for next year. :D

It will be interesting to see where the poll ends up. My guess is that Greg's list reflects many opinions on CP.

Yeah, I pretty much agree. Smoke something you've never had before. I voted Sand Shark. Bring a back-up you know is good just in case the SS sucks.

I think it's best each person decides for themselves which cigar to smoke for a much anticipated special occasion. I suggest the absolute best cigar you have (or reasonably can obtain), to your taste, from personal experience. I've saved and smoked special cigars previously untried by me on special occasions of my own and the results didn't always turn out so special for me. No matter how expensive, rare, or otherwise vaunted a cigar may be, it simply may not turn out to be to your taste. At least, not in the supremely special manner you hope for it to be.

Go with one of the cigars you have smoked before and thoroughly enjoyed. The Sand Shark to me, and just about most of the guys I know who have smoked them, is average at best. It is a prime example of a cigar that proves just how big of a difference a wrapper can make. By no means did I find any of them bad, they were just average. It is a cigar that you should certainly smoke, but I recommend you smoke one of your favorites. As such, there will be no room for disappointment. I tend to be a bit conservative by nature though :laugh: Of course, you may totally love the Sand Shark :thumbs: In any event, enjoy the day!!!

Thanks for the votes so far guys. Still have a few days before the B-Day. Can't believe the ESG hasn't got any votes.

First off, Happy B-Day to you and your son. I would probably go with the ESG, Johny O or the Bolivar PC. I have never had either of these but if I had them in front of me, well I would probably take all 3 down. Either way I hope you enjoy.

I'll give the ESG a vote. I think it is a solid stick. :thumbs:

My vote goes with the WOAM. You know it's a supreme stick that you can't go wrong with. You got the rest of the year to be adventurous. Happy B-Day and enjoy.

Bryce

lol, never had any of them so if I would have to choose it would be the Ashton ESG. I really haven't found a VSG that I haven't liked and I heard the ESGs are even better.

Sand Shark sounds like a perfect fit. Happy birthday to you both! My birthday is actually on 11-6, funny how close that is.

Eliminate the Sand Shark from the inventory. A great smoke mine had some wrapper issues but a great smoke overall. Thanks for all the votes.

I should defenly go for the Sand Shark!! Maybee just because it speeks to the imagination... Mine!! :blush: