• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

help me identify the year of this box of King Edward cigars

PTownshend

big-nosed cigar freak!
King_Edward_Imperial_box_front_side.jpg

King_Edward_Imperial_box_open.jpg

King_Edward_Imperial_box_side.jpg

I was at a local antique market yesterday and found these for sale. Paid $10 for them. I was trying to find a place on the net, or someone knowlegeable enough to help me identify the date of the box.

If you can help, please let me know. I realize now that I haven't taken a photo of the bottom of the box. I will do that and post it in this thread.

Thanks,
Darren

Here's the bottom of the box with a code stamped in dark blue ink:

King_Edward_Imperial_box_bottom.jpg

I don't know if I would smoke them... I think they would be better as a piece of decoration IMO. :cool:

Most likely in the early 60's.

At my local B&M, there was a cigar box history book. From what I could tell, this is probably from the 60s. How I could tell this? The verbage of the pricing on the bottom of the box. The pricing code of C originated in th elate 40s (perhaps even in 1948) and went until the late 50s....

So, at the very least I can honestly say its at least made in the 60s. Still, all in all, a great find for $10!!!

Thank you for your help!

I don't know if I would smoke them... I think they would be better as a piece of decoration IMO. :cool:

Too late. Just after I smoked a La Aurora (ruby tubo maduro) I thought my pallette would have been spoiled by the heavy bean flavor of that cigar. Curiosity was killing this cat, so I ripped into one.

The cellophane was definitely yellowed (as you'd expect). The pre-light draw was effortless (of course, as it already had a hallowed out port built into the head). The smell was reminiscent of graham crackers (hell, it IS, after all, from the Swisher family!. The construct is, well, machine made but very durable, if but spongy and supple. The first puff was heavenly. Sweet, graham cracker flavor, with a slight aftertaste of dried olives in the mid palate. A slight peppery, slight menthol (!!) finish to this cigar. In total, a wonderfully light smoke that hasn't diminished with all the years (some 40 years or so!) on this family of 50!!

Though not a clear cuban, its still a wonderful smoke!!