• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

help needed with temp coolidor setup

s0ber

I just bought my first cooler today. Tomorrow or monday im expecting some "special" cigars from hong kong to come in. I ordered my coolidor brick from vern but i dont expect it till later next week. I wanna know if theres some kind of ghetto way I can set up the coolidor till the brick comes in?Sponge with some distilled water or something? Any advice would be helpful.

Oasis floral foam with some distilled water should work ok. Watch the humidity though. It could get a little high.

Ya don't have to go all the way to Hong Kong for Phillie Blunts and Consuegras :sign:

whats oasis floural foam and where do i get it? no wonder you have 3700+ post with such babble cc :lookup:

s0ber said:
whats oasis floural foam and where do i get it? no wonder you have 3700+ post with such babble cc :lookup:
DAMN, you've learned my secret :p

C'mon s0ber, where do you THINK you'd get floral foam? A Florist maybe? :sign:

You can find it at Wal-Mart also.....Just get there before all the soccer moms :sign:

s0ber said:
You can also pick it up at any of the craft stores.

It's the green foam blocks that hold the flowers for floral arangements.

There are 2 different kinds of floral foam, make sure you get the wet foam.

Charge with 50/50 solution and you're all set.

I don't know what the humidity is like where you live, but here in Houston a cigars will last a week with no humidification, just put them in a bag or in the cooler, I suspect if you leave the cigars boxed there will probably be enough moisture in there to keep them good until you get the brick in. Just my thought, whatever you do, I'd leave them in the box to buffer them against drastic changes in humidity. :)

s0ber-

I just put one of these together, had the same deal-had to wait a bit for the climmax beads :0 . I did just what the guys are suggesting here, get a small tupperware bowl, place the floral "stuff" in the bowl, charge with 50/50, cut some holes in the top, put the top on and you should be go to go for a while. Make sure you get the kind of foam that you can wet down, there are two types. I had a hard time keeping the humidity down, i live in MI and it is humid in the summer.

I have the beads in there now and they work MUCH better for my environment. Locked in at 65%.