• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

HELP! NEWBIE!

I just got one of thoe humidors from sams for 20 bucks, seem really nice but im a newbie, anyway i wiped down the inside with a damp cloth, left a damp sponge on a plastic bag in it for 24 hours, and took it out, i thought everyhting was great, then i remembered i had to calibrate the hydrometer, so i did that, now my &rel is at 85!!! what should i do??? i havent put any cigars in it yet? but can anyone help?

Leave it open for 1/2 a day or 1 day and see where your RH is after that. That's all I can think of right now. :(

Get yourself some Climmax Beads (65%) and put them in your new humi. Problem solved :D

How did you 'calibrate' your hygrometer?

Did you preform the salt test?

HERE is a very good source of information.

Use a thin cap of some time to prop open the humidor lid. Then put your meter in there. Come back in 4 hours and check the RH. If it fell below %70, close the lid for 4 hours. After you check it, and it is somewhere are around %70, put your humidifier in along with your cigars. :thumbs:

Emo