• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help. Too many sticks, not enough humies

tschoon

I ordered a 300 humie last week thinking it would be shipped right away (Cheap Humidors.com) I started trading and buying like no tomorrw. Now I find out he only sent it out today, UPS ground, which of course means 7-10 days.

I have tried to improvise here to save about 100 sticks. I punch a ton of small holes in a zip lock, place the cigars in there, take a piece of new sponge and soak it in distilled water. I ring it out of course. Then I place the bag with the stoggies in a larger zip lock bag, put the sponge in there so it is not touching the sticks and seal it. I have about 6 large bags like that now.

Is this going to hold my sticks or is there a better way. Hate to waste all these!@!!!!!!!!

Take the sponge out. Put the sealed ziploc into a tupperware container. Voila...good for at least 10 days if you dont open it.

Emo

I have a sort of makeshift coolidor set up now, you can send em to me!!! PM me for addy

ROTFLMAO, go w/a coolidor and you wont have this problem for a month or so.

Phil

Go with a coolerdor. After making mine I haven't used my humi, other than for decoration. Also the coolerdor offers you bulk storage when you need it. And believe me, you will.

M3

ups ground takes like 3 (max) for me.

but yea, take out the sponge.

as well, i don't htink it would matter too much if they didnt' have proper humiditiy, as long as they were kept in a dark, semi cool, place.

10 days is a pittance in the world of cigars.

You could probably even just keep the cigars in whatever packaging they are already in for 10 days with no appreciable effects.

Back