• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help with beverage Pairing

cuppajack

ThankYouForNotSmokign hooked me up with one of my grail-smokes, a tat RC184, which I plan to smoke tomorrow to celebrate the beginning of my 30th year.

I've got the afternoon off-work to tackle this beast, and am not sure what to pair with it. I've obviously never smoked an RC Tatuaje, but read on Moki's site that they come on strong like a Conoju then mellow out...

My frist ideas for a pairing are:
Strong black Coffee
Successive shots of espresso or an Americano
a 22 of Stone IPA
a 22 of the Stone Vertical Epic 7-7-07 (though I'm not sure I could get through a whole bomber of this all by my onesies)
Wild Turkey Rare-Breed, probably 'Kentucky-Tea' style with ice and spring water
or the old standby of ice water...

Anybody familiar with the RC184 profile want to chime in with your thoughts on a good pairing?

Thanks!

I haven't smoked one yet, but I do have one aging. I am no help.

Enjoy your birthday and your smoke.

Ken

Well, this may not be up your alley. But I enjoy a nice Ginger Ale with my cigars. I've smoked 3 RC 184s....one with water, one with Ginger Ale, and one with a Bud Select.

The best I've had was the one with Ginger Ale.

If you take it nice and slowly, you'll be smoking for a good 2 hours. That is a long time to be drinking any one drink, IME, when smoking by oneself.

For a long cigar, I usually have one drink to start and also bottled water on hand. The first half inch could be pretty sizzling and I usually like to experience this raw or with just water. Then the Cojonu settles down to a solid, medium bodied, solid tobacco core. In the intermediate stage of the cigar is when I will usually start sipping the coffee along with it as an accompaniment. For milder cigars, I may drink predominantly water and drop in some coffee or port to liven things up. In the later stages, when it might be getting more aggressive, then I slip in sips of water as a clearing beverage. Sometimes I will pour more coffee but usually I milk the cup to the end (but I use a thermal mug so it stays warm).

Do let us know what you chose and how it worked out.

Wilkey

Water, Cubano cafe, water, PVW 20 yo, water, Cubano cafe followed by more water ....... :thumbs:

:cool:

my RC184 was during one of the many summer pool parties so far, which was accompanied by lots and lots of beer and ketel tonic's. topless bisexual girls helps it all go down really well.

enjoy

I can't wait to find the time for my RC233

All of those suggestions sound great!

I do enjoy gingerale w/ a stronger smoke as I find the sugar helps off-set the nic-punch a little, and since I' smoking in the middle of the afternoon I think thats a great Idea to get me started on the RC184... My plan is to follow that up with a nice strong Americano through the middle portion of the stick, and of course I'll have some icewater on-hand throughout!

I haven't looked forward to a smoke this much in quite some time! I guess that makes me a cigar-geek...

I smoked mine with black cherry soda on ice. And it was awesome.

my RC184 was during one of the many summer pool parties so far, which was accompanied by lots and lots of beer and ketel tonic's. topless bisexual girls helps it all go down really well.

enjoy

I can't wait to find the time for my RC233

...and why weren't we all invited?

Ended up being hot and humid yesterday afternoon when I smoked this, so I ended up sticking to Ginger ale throughout the whole 2.5 hours.

What a great smoke that was!

I'll get a full review posted in a day or two...

It was just normal.

While I like the spicy, it find it often competes with the cigar too much...